≿━━━━Prologue━━━━≾

* 10 Years Ago*

The night sky exploded with shimmering colors- red, gold, and greens, celebrated this year's spring harvest from above. Kids raced past, waving glittery firecrackers and chanting melodies as they sprinted past me.

I held onto Auntie's sleeve tightly, fearing that she would leave me in the crowded night market. "Delsia, you're a good dancer; you should have participated in the spring parade with the other children." Auntie remarked, paying for a bag of fruits.

"I'm not that good Auntie, I'd rather watch." I reply pressing my head into her. She laughs and pats my head affectionally, and we continue to stroll in the endless market. A couple besides me blows a wand of bubbles filling the sky, as I watch in awe.

As we walked, I gazed at the stalls adorned with glittering trinkets and mystical artifact's, each beckoning me to buy them.

"Auntie, please let me get those pair of earrings!" I yearned to clasp onto the exotic peacock earrings that dazzled in the moonlight. A pair of hands clasped my shoulders, holding me back.

"Ah, Delsia! Enough is enough! Spend your allowances on something wisely instead of scampering for something shiny!" Auntie scolded, guiding me towards a stall selling steaming cookies. She dropped 5 tokens into my palm and patted my shoulder. "Pick any cookie you like, but make sure to meet me at the spice stall once you're done."

I nodded excitedly, feeling more independent as I began to choose from a wide array of cookies. Standing on my tiptoes, I yearned to get a better sight of the freshly baked treats. However, through the lively chaos, a hunched figure in the heart of the market caught my eye—an old lady surrounded by gemstones and ancient scrolls. Curiosity got the better of me, and I scampered towards her.

In the center of her table was a bowl of water, tainted gold. "Are you selling gold water?" I asked stupidly, the only thought that crossed my mind. The lady cackled, her laughter hardened and laced with secrets. She pulled back her hood revealing two glazed white eyes and milk-white locks. Despite her physical appearance she was hauntingly beautiful, and young.

"No, my child, I'm selling destiny's. Would you like to know what your is?" She whispered, gripping my fingers and urging me to come close. Fear spilled inside of me, and I nervously looked around for Auntie, in an attempt to escape but she was nowhere seen.

"N-n-no thank you, I already know my destiny. I will help run the shop with Auntie when I'm older" I squeaked, desperate to run away. 

"What if you are wrong? What if the world was lying to you?" she whispered softer, coaxing my fingers to the basin of gold water.

"Please let go of me. I don't have enough to pay! My Aunt is waiting for me!" I yelped in desperation. Unexpectedly the lady released her grip on my wrist and pulled back, 

"I'll make a special expectation for you child... just for you."

My fingers hovered over the bowl, wary of her explanation, but curiosity tickled me. I ached to know what my destiny would be, unconsciously I dipped my fingers into the basin, and the bowl began to shimmer. I dipped my hand in further, impossibly up to my elbow, until I pulled out a gold necklace, with a broken crown dangling from the end.

The lady seemed to stare at the necklace, despite her blind vision, and looked back up to me. "Is my destiny good?" I murmured, awkwardly looking at the necklace in my hands.

"Oh child, I've never met anyone like you. I can't seem to figure you out. " She cups her icy hands around my chin and stares into my eyes. Chills run down my spine as her grip hardens and she stares me longer. 

"Why are you hiding it? Why are you keeping it to yourself!" she raises her voice and shakes my chin violently.

 "Please let go of me I don't know what you're taking about!" I cry, tears stinging my vision as I helplessly struggle in her grip. 

"She'd promise me she'd save me!" sobbed the white-haired women dropping me onto the ground.

 I collapse onto the rugged ground and cover my face with my palms. "I don't know who you're talking about!" I quickly grab the necklace besides me and run. Anderline fills me and I race through the crowd until I reach the spice shop where Auntie asked me to meet.

"Auntie, save me please!" I yelp. While sprinting, I crane my head backwards, to check if the lady followed me, but I carelessly bump into a man carrying a cage of doves.

I topple onto the floor alongside the bird cage, and doves begin to fly out, filling the night sky. They flap their wings eagerly, filling my vision with a cloud of feathers. 

One of the doves, flutters back down and lands on my lap before dropping a faded note. Fear shakes my fingers as I unravel the note, letting out a piercing scream.

"Your journey for the crown starts...now."

*Note from Author*

I'm excited to share my story the Crown of Spells with the world, and would love to hear your feedback, opinions, and thoughts! Right now, Crown of Spells is a work in progress, and many things are subject to change, and I'm constantly trying to improve.

Thank you for taking your time to read my story! Make sure to vote! ヽ(*⌒∇⌒*)ノ