The Prophecy Comes True

🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸

🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸

------
Ellie's POV
------

"Look, you two didn't ask to be half-bloods. But you are one. That makes you part of something bigger than yourselves." Luke told Percy and I as they sparred, and I sat on a tree stump.

It was very clear that Luke was better at this than Percy and everyone else here, but it was still fun to watch them, even if my turn to get my ass kicked was next.

"Which is good 'cause... you clearly can't handle this on your own."

"Thanks for demonstrating that." Percy replied as Luke helped him off the ground.

"Let's work on that disarm."

"No, no. Ellie's turn."

"What? That is so unfair." I gasped, looking at Percy who was smiling like an idiot.

"Yeah, Percy's right. Come on." Luke chuckled and I sighed, knowing that I had no choice.

"Luke, we do appreciate you taking the time—" I started to say, but he pointed the handle of the training sword at me.

"But you don't want your ass getting handed to you?" He smirked, and I grabbed the sword.

"Quick question, when are we ever gonna use this stuff?" I asked him, and he responded by swinging his sword at me, causing me to flinch and bring the sword up to protect myself.

"I told you." He said as we started to spar.

"They'll come for us. Yeah, yeah. I know. They have." I said as I started fighting back. "A fury tried to claw my brother and I at a museum, the Minotaur wrecked my car and took my mom." I got pushed from behind me when Luke dodged my attack. "I don't think a sword or a good reflex will do any—"

I got cut off when Luke used his sword to make me fall, and he put the tip of it under my chin, raising his arm to make me slowly stand up.

"It will."

"My point is, they don't fight fair. It's not like there's rules they have to follow." I said as I moved his sword away from my face.

"Of course there are rules. See, that's what warfare is. Knowing the rules... so you can use them against your opponent." Luke told me, and I thought for a second.

A Different Kind of Beautiful - Luke Castellan - Percy Jackson (Show)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara