We Visit The Garden Gnome Emporium

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

------
Percy's POV
------

Ellie and I got moved to cabin three, Poseidon's cabin. I was really starting to enjoy cabin eleven, starting to feel at home again, but now it was just Ellie and I.

The attention that came with being twins of the sea god was overwhelming at times. I could tell Ellie didn't like all the campers staring at us whenever we were doing something.

There were two beds, laid out just like our room back at home. It made me feel better, but it also reminded me of our mother.

Grover telling us that she didn't die, even though watching someone disappear into dust definitely looked like it, but instead Hades stole her. Hades stole our mom.

Once we got settled, we were allowed to hold off for another day before we went back to the Big House to talk to Chiron. He explained things better than Mr. D. No screaming this time, no arguing.

He explained how Poseidon, our father, was always a jealous man towards his brother, Zeus. How they had a massive argument before Zeus found out his master bolt was missing. Zeus blamed Poseidon pretty much immediately after, and that caused them to keep threatening war until Zeus got his bolt back.

That happened months ago.

The only reason Zeus is pissed at Ellie and I was because we were Poseidon's children. Chiron went on to explain how a child of the Big Three was rare, but twins were even more. It attracts attention. I remember Luke telling us that before Capture the Flag.

Right now, Ellie and I were walking up four flights of stairs, the stairs ending under a green trap door. We entered the attic that Chiron said the Oracle was in. Chiron told us that it would confirm the quest we were meant to go on.

The attic was filled with Greek hero junk: armor stands, old shields, leather chest plates, spare swords etc.

Towards the back of the attic, by the window, I saw a gruesome sight that honestly no kid should see. A mummy. But not your stereotypical mummy. An unwrapped, shriveled human husk of a woman. She wore a tie-dyed sundress, tons of beaded necklaces and her white hair almost blended in with her pale face.

Looking at her freaked me out, and judging by the way Ellie's face was contorted, she was freaked out too.

"Hi. I'm Percy, this is my sister Ellie. It's nice to meet you." I said, my voice cracking, making me grimace. I got no response back, and Ellie looked at me, freaked out still. "We were told that a quest wasn't a quest until you've said so? Which is weird considering you're a halloween decoration."

Sometimes I regret speaking because when I finished saying that, she moved, gasping as she sat up in the chair.

"Oh, geez..."