A God Buys Us Cheeseburgers

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

------
Percy's POV
------

I stood next to Annabeth, Grover and Luke as we all stared at the police cars, firetrucks and ambulances. Well, they were. All I could feel was the air. A slight tingle in the tips of my fingers as I kept looking at the smoking hole in the top of the Gateway Arch. Where my sister fell. I tuned in on a conversation next to me.

    "I've heard witnesses tell me that a kid fell from the top of the arch. Whoever fell from there is most likely gone."

I felt my anger flare up. My head snapped in the direction of the person who said that, and I saw two officers talking about my sister. I couldn't stop myself when I started walking towards them.

    "What did you say?" I asked them.

Hearing them repeat the words I knew I heard the first time made me even angrier. I didn't care what the cops thought. My eyes narrowed, my breath becoming heavy as my anger kept getting higher.

   "She's not dead." I muttered.

"Excuse me?"

"She's not dead. Do you hear me?"

My tone was one I don't normally use. Hard, full of anger, sadness... everything.

    "Boy, there is no surviving a fall like that. You're in denial, kid." The cop scoffed.

"You can't tell me what to feel!" I screamed, gaining the attention of my friends.

"Percy!" Annabeth exclaimed as I felt her and Luke pulling me away from the cops.

"She's not dead!" I yelled, shrugging off my friends as I paced. "I would know. I know she's not gone." My voice cracked. I wanted to just start breaking down, but I needed to stay as level headed as possible. "We're going to find Ellie."

"Percy..." Annabeth said softly.

"She's alive." I said, begging her with my eyes to just believe me. I looked up at Luke who's eyes were red. "You know she's alive. Come on."

....

"Ellie!" I screamed, and so did the other three.

We were all looking for her on the docs. I just knew she was over here somewhere. We just needed to find her.

    "Ellie!"