I Become Surpreme Lord Of The Bathroom Pt. 3

🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹

🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹

------
Ellie's POV
------

The next morning, Luke walked Percy and I into the fields where the campers were gathered with shields and swords in their hands.

"You two are gonna love this." Luke told us. "Camp-wide mock warfare, all glory to the victors. Annabeth's the head counselor of the Athena cabin. She's led our team to three straight wins. Been a long time since anyone's won a fourth."

"She was there in the bathroom." Percy said and I nodded.

"Yeah, she said that she'd been waiting for it to happen."

"Annabeth sees the world differently. Always six steps ahead of everyone else. You two should cut her a break." Luke told us and I squinted at him.

"Who's side are you on, anyway?" Percy asked.

"Oh, hers, always." Luke said with no hesitation. "She's my little sister." Percy and I must've made a face because Luke spoke up again. "Maybe I should back up."

Luke took us to the Mess Hall so we could talk, Percy and I sitting on the opposite side of Luke so we could face each other.

"Before camp, I was on the road. Me and a forbidden kid I met along the way. Her name was Thalia."

I focused on the use of was, telling me that she probably wasn't alive anymore.

"And what does that mean, forbidden?" Percy asked him.

"A long time ago, Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades agreed their children were becoming too powerful, so they made a pact not to father any more. And it held for a long time until Zeus broke that pact. Until Thalia. A forbidden kid attracts trouble. Monsters everywhere, it's just constant battle to stay alive. One day, we, uh, find this little girl hiding in an alley. Annabeth. We were worried about taking her in, exposing her to all that danger. Then we saw her fight. Thalia didn't make it. But Annabeth and me... we did. And we've been family ever since."

Listening to Luke tell us his past, it made me respect him, trust him more. I felt bad for his friend that passed away, I knew the feeling of losing someone close to you. It hurt.

"She's been watching us since we got here. Why?" I asked him.

"Annabeth is the strongest warrior in camp. The only way left to prove herself is to go on a quest."

"And what does that have to do with us?"

"Chiron's been promising her for years." Luke said. "One day, two demigods would arrive who were fated to go on a quest that even Chiron couldn't prevent. And when that happened, she could join it. Every two new arrivals, Annabeth watches, looking for a sign they're the one. Usually she gives up after a day or two, but she's still watching you."