We Find Out The Truth, Sort Of Pt. 3

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

------
Percy's POV
------

Ellie, Grover, and I continued walking, finding a sand biome. Nobody was talking, just walking. I was worried about Annabeth and Luke. I didn't know where the pearls took them, but I do hope it was somewhere safe.

    "Weird." I heard Grover mutter. "Haven't heard the dog in a while."

I realized he was right. "He chased us all that way and then just... stopped?"

"Why? Usually dogs have more energy than that." Ellie replied.

"That's what I'm saying. It's weird."

Grover started walking away, and I looked over at Ellie who was already looking at me before we started chasing after Grover.

    "Grover? Grover, where are you going?" I asked him.

"I don't— I don't know. I— I can't stop!" Grover said, and his shoes started to make him fly. "Guys! It's the shoes!"

"Grover!"

Ellie and I ran after him, the shoes taking him somewhere. We stopped running when we saw the very large pit the shoes were dragging Grover to.

    "Is that Tartarus?" Ellie asked.

"Guys!"

Ellie ran down, jumping to grab him, but the shoes started pulling her down as well. I ran to help, taking my sword out and stabbing it in the sand, and we stopped. The shoes flew off Grover's hooves and into the pit. We all sighed in relief, and I went to stand up when my backpack got very heavy and I fell to the ground, a clunk filling the air.

    "What was that?" Grover asked.

I took the backpack off, putting it in front of me before unzipping it. My face fell. I reached into it, and slowly pulled out the master bolt.

    "Is that—" Ellie asked.

"No." Grover cut her off.

"I mean, it looks like—" I tried to say.

"It absolutely is not."

"Okay... then what is it?"

"Yeah, that's the master bolt." Grover said, his voice shaking a bit.