We Take A Zebra To Vegas Pt. 3

🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸

🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸

------
Ellie's POV
------

I caught my breath as I watched Luke sigh in defeat for the 5th time. It was kind of funny how determined he was to beat me, but I've played this game against Percy my entire life. There is no beating me unless I let you.

"Five to nothing?" I asked him with a smile. "Luke, come on, that's sad."

Luke was still catching his breath, and I could tell he was frustrated. He wasn't used to losing.

"Come on. Lighten up. We can stop playing if you want."

"No! I'm... going to... beat... you. Just once. Once, that's it." Luke told me, making me laugh.

"You may be the master of sword fighting, but I am the master of Dance Dance Revolution."

I saw Luke playfully glare at me before gently shoving me off the platform. I didn't fall, but he held my arms down.

"Hey!" I pouted. "Big cheater."

"Oh, no, this is not cheating. This is me simply doing whatever it takes to ensure that I win." Luke said to me smugly, still holding my arms down to the sides of my body.

"That's cheating." I laughed. "It's not my fault you can't dance."

"Excuse me? I can dance." Luke gasped. "And if I can't, then clearly it's because you're distracting me with your beauty."

"Oh, so you're flirting now?"

"Maybe. Who's gonna stop me?"

"What if it's me?" I asked him, and he smirked.

Luke chuckled softly, knowing that I'm just trying to one-up him.

"I'm pretty sure you can't stop me."

I turned off the game and turned to face him.

"Stop flirting with me just because you wanna win." I told him.

"What? I wasn't just flirting to win." Luke said to me.

"You weren't?"

"No. I wasn't." Luke said softly, realizing that I wasn't taking him seriously.

You ever get those moments where you and that one person you're close to make eye contact but neither of you look away, and you get butterflies? Well, that was this, but there was no butterflies. More of a burning sensation where he was touching my arms. I realized how close we were, and it felt like it was just the two of us. But the moment was ruined by someone clearing their throat.