We Find Out The Truth, Sort Of Pt. 2

🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹

🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹

------
Ellie's POV
------

"No. No. No, no, no, no." Mom said as we all sat in the principal's office of the new school she wanted to put Percy and I in. "They are registered. I have the email from your office right here, saying that they're registered."

"I'm very sorry." The administrator said. "But some new information came to light that had forced us to reconsider your application."

"What kind of information?"

"A drawing. Two actually."

"Oh, come on—" Mom replied.

"Two drawings that—"

"It wasn't a disciplinary issue." Mom told him.

"Drawings that caused their previous school counselor to reach out to me personally to express his concern." The administrator said.

Mom sighed. "They drew pictures of a horse with wings and a half human half horse." She didn't understand why it was such a big deal.

"It isn't just the drawings. Our problem is that they were found walking across the roof of the gymnasium, after which they said they saw something out there. We aren't equipped to offer the kind of physiological monitoring we believe your kids will require here. We couldn't do that with one, let alone two."

"I have already withdrawn them from their former school. They have no place else to go." Mom said, and it was obvious she was trying to keep it together.

"Have you considered homeschool?" The administrator asked.

"Homeschool?"

"I know. It sounds overwhelming but there are resources to help. It's a real option. Some children... are better off being with their parent."

"I'm sorry, but.. No. I... I cannot accept that as an answer." Mom said. I looked over at Percy and I couldn't help but feel guilty that we're such a problem. "So let's, you and I, figure out a way to make this work."

....

Luke, Annabeth, Percy, Grover and I all walked through a dark forest as we made our way towards Hades' palace. I didn't know there were actual healthy looking trees in the Underworld, but I also couldn't tell if they were actually alive or just dead standing trees because of the fog.