We Find Out The Truth, Sort Of

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

------
Percy's POV
------

Ellie and I walked into a store called 'Crusty's WaterBed Palace'. The bell jingled, letting the owner know we were there as I saw all of the different beds. All of them actually looked comfortable, but thanks to Annabeth, Ellie and I knew what they really were. A trap. You lay in one of the beds and you're stuck there forever until you die. There were many different types of beds, but they were all waterbeds. Wood, different sheets, queen size, king size, 'I live in a palace and I'm rich' size.

"Welcome, weary travelers!" A man said. "Come on in and take a load off. These beds will change your... life." A man in a green velvet suit, one that I probably saw in the Lotus Casino, came out from the backroom and he paused when he saw us. Probably because we're kids. "Well... hello there. Missing our mommy, are we?"

"We know who you are." I told him, ignoring the comment that sorta pissed me off. "You're Procrustes. Son of Poseidon, and murderer of travelers."

He stood there like an idiot for a moment, probably processing what I just said.

"Crusty, please."

"I don't know why you'd prefer that one. They're both awful names." I heard Ellie mutter, and apparently so did Crusty because he started walking toward us.

"And you two... you've got Dad's eyes." He said to me before turning to Ellie. "And his bad attitude." But she only replied with a sassy smile. "Take a load off. Relax for a minute."

"The beds are a trap." Ellie replied. "That's how you do it. That's how you kill travelers."

"I do?" Cruty asked, playing innocent.

"We know there's a secret passage to the Underworld here." I sighed, annoyed with his behavior. "We know you were left here to guard it. But we need you to let us through. Please?"

Crusty looked away for a second before turning away from us completely, continuing to try to convince us to lay down in one of the beds.

"In addition to being incredibly comfortable, these beds are great for your self-confidence."

"We're really not interested—"

"They show you how to fit." Crusty interrupted. "Fitting's not easy for people like us, am I right?" He asked, looking at me. "Our parents make it so hard. Stretching us and twisting us and hacking off pieces to make us seem more like them."