A God Buys Us Cheeseburgers Pt. 2

🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸

🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸

------
Ellie's POV
------

Luke, Percy, Annabeth and I made it to the amusement park. It didn't look very amusing to me. It was dark, nothing was on, nobody was there. Literal ghost town.

    "I haven't seen a lot of horror movies, but this seems like exactly the kind of place they suggest to avoid." Percy said and I nodded in agreement.

I looked up at the large sign in the entrance. I was able to make out the word water but nothing else. I felt Luke standing behind me, quite close but I didn't exactly mind it.

    "It says, 'Welcome to Waterland'." He whispered to me.

"...I knew that." I muttered. I didn't but.... Whatever.

"I've never seen any kind of movie." Annabeth said. "I'll have to take your word for it."

"Never?" Percy and I asked her.

"I haven't either."

"Wait, wait. What do you mean 'never'?" I asked them.

"Like, 'never-never'?"

"Is there another kind?"

I turned to face Annabeth and Luke.

    "We gotta fix that." I said, and Percy nodded.

"If none of us are dead in a few days, we will be fixing that. You two are missing out." Percy said with a smile.

"I know a great horror movie. Percy's scared every time." I laughed.

As we were talking, we made it to the second half of the entrance. Like, those weird door things that aren't doors that you have to go through once you show that you got tickets to the park.

    "In the meantime, we should probably get this over with, though."

I nodded and started pushing on the gate. The creaking was loud, and painfully ear piercing.

    "Wait, Ellie, stop." Annabeth said, and I did immediately, but there was a moving blade contraption above my head. Oh, great. What is it with me and possible death today?

"What is that?" I asked, panicked.

"Ellie, just don't move. Please." Percy told me.