Chapter - 24

Author's POV
**************

There was pin drop silence in living room of abhishek's house. Not even a single sound can be heard there.

Abhishek, keep staring at the man infront of him, with a pale face. His face was looking like, he just lost his soul.

Shubman who was busy breaking the sim card, saw his paled face and decided to break his daze.

"Hello? Did your soul still haven't returned? Are you even alive?" Shubman asked while clicking fingers infront of dazed man.

Only then abhishek's face gain some colours. He stare at Shubman with wide eyes before howling loudly like a mad person.

" What the fuck!!...what the fuck just I heard?? That loud sound was so frightening, enough to give life time scare to someone!!"

Thank god he lives alone otherwise other would have thought that he had gone crazy.

Actually after leaving from airport, Shubman directly come to abhishek's house and explained everything to him.

Abhishek was really shocked but he had never thought that Shubman will go to this extent, to threaten someone's life.

Shubman just shot him an unimpressed look before shrugging,

"Tone it down, will you? And stop exaggerating..." Shubman said while taking a apple and fruit knife from front table before cutting it slowly.

To which abhishek stare at him like other has grown two heads.

"I'm exaggerating? Bro you just caused your own team manager's accident!! What...what if he died?" Abhishek's words waver a little in end.

"He won't, i'm not that cruel okay? He should be fine after 10 to 15 admission in hospital...I just wanted him to know my pain...few days of hospitalization should be enough.." Shubman replied like he is talking about something casual.

"Hiring people to cause someone's accident, is not being cruel?....who are you? Where is Shubman? You can't be him...I know he was foul mouthed, short tempered, a total asshole with me but he was never a criminal!!..."

Abhishek asked,thinking other is definitely possessed, because a normal people can never talk like this.

"Stop damaging my ears with your shrill voice... And sit back to your place,.." Shubman replied feeling irritated.

Abhishek was still not over with that shock but nonetheless, he sit back on the opposite couch. He took few deep breathes before looking at Shubman, who was busy eating apple.

"What if ishan got to know about this? Do you think he will still love you? What if he leave you-"

abhishek's words come to halt when Shubman suddenly pointed the fruit knife towards him, while glaring fiercely at him.

"What did you just say?" Shubman asked, gritting his teeth.

Only then abhishek realised that he had stepped into a forbidden territory and blurted out something he shouldn't have.

As quietly as frightened mouse, abhishek backed away a little,

"You..you clearly heard it.." Abhishek replied,feeling scared.

"And you clearly don't want to take the risk of saying it again..." Shubman said while clicking his tongue.

"Whatever, now please put that fruit knife away...it's for cutting fruits not my neck..." Abhishek replied while pointing at knife.

Shubman tched at him before placing the knife away and checked the time.

"It's time...go you already know what to do, I have already send you the location.." Shubman said to him.