Chapter - 5

Author's POV
**************

Doctor has left few hours ago after giving some painkiller and ointment to ishan. Everyone stood in silence in ishan's room.

Finally ishan couldn't take this silence and decided to break it.

"I'm fine guys...you all can go back to your practice.."

"Shut up!!" Everyone shouted in unison, making ishan shut his mouth immediately.

"Shubhman you stay with him..and make sure he remain laying on the bed.." Virat said and earned a nod from shubhman.

"Listen everyone he need some rest...let's go outside..." Rahul tried to reason with his worried team.

"I was also saying the same...then why did you all shut me up?" Ishan pouted, clearly whining.

Everyone clearly heard his complaining tone but choose to ignore it and one by one left the room.

Now it's only Shubhman and ishan in their room. Shubhman slowly walked to his bed where ishan is laying and sit on it while facing ishan.

"Can't you be a little more careful while practising huh? You almost gave me heart attack when i saw you laying on ground while groaning in pain..." Shubhman gently scolded him.

"It's not like I did it intentionally...i was worried about you...that's I didn't saw the ball.." Ishan huffed irritatedly.

"Worried about me? Why?" Shubhman asked confusingly.

"Ofcourse because you weren't focused while practicing.i was worried that something is bothering you.." Ishan replied

Shubhman didn't know he should feel happy or guilty after hearing Ishan's reply. So at the end he choose to stay silent and reached for the medicine package.

Ishan didn't like the frown on Shubhman's face as if Shubhman is still angry at him. He hate making other worried because of himself.

"Fine,i'm sorry shubh...I will be more careful about my surroundings from next time..now please smile..I hate seeing your frowned face.." Ishan said in a baby voice and gently held Shubhman's left hand.

Shubhman stared at him before giving him a small smile, which clearly looked forced but ishan decided to not point it out and smiled widely at shubhman. and left his hand.

Shubhman took a ointment and lifted Ishan's jersey a little to make bruise visible to his eyes.

Ishan noticed how Shubhman's hand is shaking when he stared at his purple bruise.

"Don't look shubh...it's ugly. I can apply ointment on it by my own..you don't need to do that..." Ishan said and tried to took ointment from shubhman's hand but other didn't let him.

"Its not ugly ish..nothing is ugly about you. So stop talking nonsense. Now lay down quietly and let me do my work.." Shubhman replied firmly, feeling slightly angry at ishan for looking down on himself.

Ishan felt something funny in his tummy  when shubhman said that but he didn't pay any mind to it and nodded his head.

Shubhman then focused back on the bruise and took out some ointment on his finger. Then he start applying it on ishan's bruise.

Ishan shudder a little when shubhman's cold fingers touched his bare waist, making him close his eyes. Shubhman gently applied ointment on ishan's bruise with right hand while his other hand keep shaking.

"Ahh.." Suddenly ishan yelped in pain when shubhman pressed a little hard on this bruise.

"I'm sorry ish... I'm so sorry...is it paining a lot?!" Shubhman exclaimed anxiously when he saw Ishan's teary eyes.