Uncertainty as Dark as a Starless Night (Slimefoot's POV) [EDITED]

"Slimefoot," Dandelionstripe mewed. "Get me the plumpest vole in the fresh-kill pile. And then, check Pebblefur for ticks."

I gritted my teeth and grabbed the plumpest vole I could find, taking it to her reluctantly.

"I don't like that behavior," Dandelionstripe snapped. "I want to hear a 'yes ma'am'"

I rolled my eyes subtly, muttering, "Yes, ma'am."

"Louder!"

I gave her a loathing look and said louder, "Yes ma'am!"

Dandelionstripe stood up, her ears pinned and teeth bared. "Don't give me that look, ugly she-cat. You're lucky you're alive."

"And why wouldn't I be?" I snarled. "Your precious little Bramblestar needs me, doesn't he?"

Dandelionstripe widened her eyes, then hardened them like stone. "Say that again, you lowly, flea-bitten, mangy, ugly she-cat!"

I met her eyes evenly, growling, "Your precious little Bramblestar needs me."

"Harrierstripe! Kestrelstorm! Privetear! Bramblestar!" Dandelionstripe screeched. "Help! Slimefoot attacked me!"

I looked at her, confused. I hadn't touched her! She had no wounds!

With a menacing glare, Dandelionstripe unsheathed her claws. I winced, preparing to get attacked, but to my horror and surprise, she raked her claws across her leg.

Her plan hit me like thunder.

She would scratch herself so it looked like I had attacked her. And nobody would believe me, because I was an ugly she-cat.

The executors and Bramblestar ran to her, their claws unsheathed.

"She tried to kill me!" she wailed, smirking at me for half a second. 

"I didn't!" I mewed desperately. "She scratched herself because I said that Bramblestar needed me!"

Bramblestar's eyes hardened as he bared his fangs. "Likely story."

"But it's true!" I insisted.

The executors looked at me hungrily as if I was an especially fat, juicy piece of prey.

"What should we do to her?" Privetear asked nastily.

My eyes widened. "But I'm not lying! I- I- I swear by Starclan!"

At that same moment, Lightningblaze came running, panting, "Bramblestar! We found Mouseclaw in Lizardclan's territory!"

"What?" Bramblestar exclaimed. "We must warn Owlstar."

"But My Dear-" Dandelionstripe meowed.

"No, Dandelionstripe," Bramblestar interrupted. "This is urgent. We're talking about a murderer."

Dandelionstripe looked at me loathingly then stalked away, tail lashing.

I smiled, ducking away so nobody could see the broad grin on my face.

"Smallpaw should come," Foxpelt suggested. "He can clear the path for us so we don't have to stop to do anything."

I looked up, alarmed. What if Mouseclaw had gone wild and tried to kill my Smallpaw?

"A runt?" Bramblestar scoffed. "Do you think he'd actually be any help at all?"

"Well, he would be the first to die if Mouseclaw wished to kill someone," Foxpelt pointed out casually.

I was fuming. They were talking so normally about the death of my Smallpaw! How could they be so heartless?

"Very well," said Bramblestar. 

"Smallpaw!" Lightningblaze called harshly. "Yes, you- come on, we're going to Lizardclan."

Smallpaw scampered over, his tail high. He looked rather excited. "Really?" he mewed. "That's great!"

Foxpelt snorted. "We're not taking you for fun, runt. We're taking you so you can clear our path. You know, clearing brambles and fox dung."

"Well, that's okay," Smallpaw said, unabashed. "When do we leave?"

"Right now," he said. Then with a sneer, he added, "See if you can keep up."

"Smallpaw, wait!" I called.

"No, don't stop!" Lightningblaze countered. "Can't you see we're in a bit of a hurry?"

I looked on hopelessly as my son ran along with them, his tail swishing excitedly.

"He'll be fine," Shortface breathed.

I turned and looked at my mother. "How can you be sure?"

"Starclan saved you just now, didn't they?" said Mother. "Stop worrying, Slimefoot. It won't get you anywhere."

I sighed and nodded. "I don't think I'll be having any more kits. Dandelionstripe would have the fury of Starclan if Bramblestar was the father."

"But what about the litter per four seasons?" Shortface asked.

I had forgotten about that bit. "Mother... I wouldn't mind if they were to kill me."

She widened her eyes, exclaiming, "But Dear-"

"This isn't a life," I interrupted. 

A wail was heard from the beautiful she-cat nursery. I saw Badgerleg run to the nursery, carrying a bundle of herbs.

"Maplepelt must be having her kits," Shortface pointed out. 

"I don't remember Badgerleg being so worried when my littermates and I were born," I said dryly.

Shortface smiled. "I think it's quite... below him."

"Shortface, you fox-dung!" Darkleg spat. 

I whipped around and saw him bare his teeth.

"She didn't do anything wrong!" I yowled.

"Don't stretch your luck, she-cat," Darkleg hissed. "You won't escape punishment this time."

I straightened up and said unwaveringly, "Starclan saved me, and they'll save me again if they wish to."

Darkleg laughed loudly, his sides shaking. "As if Starclan would help a she-cat like you! You've got bees in your brain!"

I glared at him, but Shortface intervened quickly. "Darkleg, you called for me?"

"Yes..." he said, still looking at me. "Come on, we're going to the back of camp."

I twitched my whiskers, already guessing what was going to happen. Since I didn't want to look, I turned around to the slave den, wanting to get some sleep.

So so so so sorry for the short chapter! I didn't know what to write next :P

 Credits to: Lans, Me on Pinterest

This drawing is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! Full credits to whoever painted it.

Also this is Darkleg.

Just add the black leg.

LOL