Chapter 1 - Past mistakes and a new start

Lily Nicole Austin

"Just lie still! You're making it worse."

Tears prickle behind my eyelids as I do as he says. Fuck, this was a stupid idea. I never enjoyed sex while we were together. What the absolute ever-loving-fuck made me think I might now that we're broken up.

He grunts and pants as he shifts above me, pushing my leg to the side with a rough hand. I try to let myself go, to enjoy it, like I know people do. They must.

But I don't understand. There's nothing romantic about his jerky movements and I struggle to stay still like he wants me to. Most of all, I just want it to be over already. This was a mistake. I never should have come here.

He's softening by the stroke and I hold back a sigh, hoping that's it.

"Fuck, you're bad at this." He pulls out and I don't move as he uses his hand to get hard again.

I can't even keep him hard. The thought hits me deep and a single tear trickles down my temple. I close my eyes as he pushes my knee out to the side.

I feel him poking at me with his limp dick for a while before he swears and sits back on his heels.

"Roll over."

There's no hint of friendliness in his voice. I don't know what I ever saw in him. But I met him when I was newly arrived at UNI, and he was kind to me back then. I was a fool.

"This was a bad idea," I say. Instead of doing as he asks, I throw my legs over the side of the bed and take a deep breath.

"You're telling me." He's still stroking his cock. "You could at least suck me off. You owe me that much." He pulls off the condom and juts his hips at me as if it's that easy.

"I don't owe you anything." I move off the bed and find my clothes.

"Fine, be a bitch." He reaches for his phone on the nightstand and while I hurry to get dressed, I hear moans and grunts from the video he's playing.

"You couldn't even wait until I'm gone?" I pull my shirt over my head.

"Don't ruin the mood." He's lying on his back now, his hand working his cock while his eyes are glued to the screen.

Fuck, I'm an idiot. But Connor was handsome and popular, so when he wanted me to be his girlfriend, I was over the moon. He was my first, and for months I put up with him telling me what to do and blaming me for everything. I was naïve. So fucking stupid. But that was last year.

I grab the rest of my stuff and leave. Closing his bedroom door, I keep my head down to avoid any of his roommates as I almost run out of the apartment.

I never should have come here. Connor and I broke up two months ago, and I should have left it at that. But then he texted.

And I knew he was horny. It's not like I thought he suddenly wanted me back, or that he had changed and would appreciate me this time. But it had been two months, and sometimes he got me so close to feeling good. So close to...

I shake my head. No. This just proved it. We are not compatible. I'm not good enough in bed to keep a man satisfied. No wonder he cheated.

At least now I know.

Wiping away the occasional tear, I hurry to my apartment to shower before my first shift at Lucky's.

I enter the apartment and relax when none of my roommates are there. I still can't believe I was able to find a room I can afford this close to campus. Having to clean the apartment and do laundry and dishes is worth it for the reduction in price. Even if the room is tiny and I'm more of a live-in maid than a roommate to the others.