𝟒𝟐

𝐋𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲

𝐋𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲

Cairo is considered the Ace of the family, the Queen of the chessboard, and the wild factor.

You would never expect him to be the chemist behind it all.

A young black man whose brain can be compared to Einstein's isn't a light compliment, but that's how true it was.

For him to create a substance that worked well with the body, had little to no withdrawal symptoms, and didn't leave people on the brink of death when engaging with it, he should have won a Nobel Peace Prize.

But we're still talking about drugs here, not a cure for cancer.

Although, he's not too far off in his studies right now.

He put most of his time and all of his pride into his work, to help better his family but to also give those people who felt like they needed a psychedelic to mellow them out, one that was safe and suitable for anyone over the age of 21.

So, seeing the red alarms blare and his employees move hastily into the laboratory with panic and fear in their eyes, he felt as if his whole world was temporarily crashing down.

Cairo considered himself the epitome of the three c's.

Cool, calm, and collected.

But as of right now, he is anything but.

Following protocol, he had sent everyone working on the north side of the first floor to head into their stock room, ordering his fellow chemists and scientists to take as much MLE in their hands as possible and to exit through the escape route underground.

While everyone else was assuming positions or evacuating through the underground tunnels, Cairo retreated to the top of the laboratory, which had a sunroom with a 360 balcony surrounding the space.

Not many knew that up here was habitable, but this was a great place to see everything that was happening down below.

Before Cairo got ahead of himself, he just merely wanted to see what was happening on the outside, and because the metal doors had closed shut on all entrances and exits of the lab, he had no choice but to go where he had more safety and cover.

"What the fuck?" He thought, watching the hundreds of armed soldiers heading towards the lab and to the distant palace.

Gunshots started to bang and unsuccessfully penetrate the steel doors that were protecting all entrance points, making Cairo's eyes almost bulge out of his head.

"These fuckers must've lost their cotton-picking-" he cut himself off, shaking his head as he began to run down to his office to suit up, bewildered at the thought that anyone would have the gall to invade such a place.

After quickly getting his sparring clothes on, he grabbed two pistols and secured them in the gun holsters tightened on his thighs, also grabbing his favorite assault rifle, the C7.