𝟐𝟖

𝐀𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚'𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐫

𝐀𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚'𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐫

Dimitri and Nairobi are a giggling mess in one of the booths located in Acapella's.

Since Nairobi was infatuated with the establishment when they had rained in on their respective siblings' parade the other day, Dimitri decided to take her back again for breakfast today.

It's two days before Christmas, and both of them know that their time together has a countdown, the unknown of when the time of departure will be.

They had a conversation with one another the same day that Egypt and Roman had gotten into that nasty argument. Roman didn't utter a word to Meech that day about the drama, but Nairobi got an earful.

And it just so happened that they were in the middle of something when they got rudely interrupted by Egypt's nonstop calling.

All in all, they decided to leave it up in the hands of fate, not wanting to put a timer or any restrictions on how far the love they share can and will go.

"You want to share the pancakes this time?" Nairobi whispers to Dimitri, who is currently on the phone with Blaze.

Dimitri nods his head and holds up a singular digit, wanting to wait until he's off the phone to discuss what they'll be having.

"Your bother hasn't returned any of my calls as of late, so until then you'll be the only one joining me this afternoon."

"What's this afternoon?" Dimitri asked, racking his brain of anything he could've forgotten that had to get done today that he hadn't already kept track of.

"This meeting only needed one of you to be present with me, merely the signing and acknowledgments of documents with a state lawyer and one of our personal ones, and since Roman is fucking slacking, you now have something extra added to your plate today," Blaze barks through the phone, making Dimitri wince and pull the phone away from his ear.

Recently, Blaze has been strictly business, no leisure. Even with his serious demeanor, he has a certain playfulness to him that's more alarming than welcoming. But ever since a few days ago, he has been more on edge.

After answering and dodging some more questions, Dimitri quickly got off the phone with his father, giving all of his attention to the beauty reading the menu intently.

He made sure not to bring up that he was having a breakfast date with one of Chief's daughters, especially because Blaze is still in the dark about anything related to Chief or Canan, including the surprise of Chief having three kids and not just one.

Nairobi was completely oblivious to the information Dimitri had acquired about her, still blissfully living within her ignorance and loving every second of it.

She felt as if she and Meech had gotten through a lot of the barriers most couples have problems with, feeling as though that was surface level. She feels like she has gotten to know the man in front of her to his core, and she is willing and yearning to be the best she can be for him.