𝟓

𝐑𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧 "𝐏𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐦" 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐬𝐞

Feeling my brain pounding against my skull, I blink my eyes open and bring my hands to my head, trying to relieve the pain.

The pain was short-lived once I realized that I was lying on a bed more comfortable than the one in my possession back in New York.

Once my eyes adjusted to the lighting of the room, I shot out of the bed, the pounding in my head subsiding due to my panic.

Patting around my body, I realized that I had none of my belongings, not even the chapstick I kept in my pocket.

I look down and also see that I am in different clothes, down to my undergarments, feeling my face heat up.

What the fuck?

I'm also oddly shiny and moisturized, not saying I don't do this normally, but the scent of cocoa and vanilla dance on my radiant tan skin.

I scan the huge room that I'm in, taking in my surroundings before I make any sudden movements.

Looking to my right I can see the beginning of the sunrise, my assumptions being correct once I see the digital clock, it reads 6:17 am.

I huff as I get out of bed, the long white socks being a thoughtful tip from my capturers so I wouldn't have my feet touch the cold floor.

I walk over to the large wooden door, gold etched in its crevasses, and try to force it open. All I end up doing is making noise as I constantly try to push and pull.

I give up with frustration and look around the room once more.

This must be a palace or something, this doesn't even resemble the "regular" kind of mansion that I am used to.

These people are royalty.

The floor-to-ceiling windows, the taupe and black accents, and even the material of the bedsheets just scream wealth, and not the kind of wealth that I am used to.