𝟔

𝐑𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧 "𝐏𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐦" 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐬𝐞

"Meet Egypt."

I haven't stopped thinking about this alluring woman since she almost had me killed earlier today.

She had told everyone to stand down after our little mishap, her power radiating off her body like the rays of the sun.

When she spoke, no one dared to interject, even her brat of a sister had her lips shut with a smirk on her face.

Once she sat next to her father, Chief started to speak more about the country he had founded, Canan.

Many don't know that this place exists, but everything I have already seen has proved to me that this is one of the most beautiful places on Earth.

We also learned that the country is founded on drugs and trafficking money, which is to be expected, but I have never seen money build something so close to paradise. For it to be so inaccessible to the rest of the world is also fascinating.

During our conversation, I couldn't help but feel her eyes burning holes into my face, my eyes wandering ever-so-often to meet hers.

"So," Dimitri starts, leaning back in his seat, "how do you know father?" he questions.

A smile creeps up to Chief's face while all of his children roll their eyes, even the princess.

"I thought you'd never ask," he smiles, folding his hands together.

"Well, I was born and raised in Queens while, as you may already know, your father was a Brooklyn cat." he explains.

"One day when we were in middle school, he was the new student in our class. In the middle of the year one day, he just appeared. Didn't introduce himself to anyone, and always walked around with a frown. He was just so sour." Chief continues, a laugh following his thoughts.

"Football tryouts were that day, and as you also already know, your father is almost as built as me," he says, his compliments to himself rolling freely.

"Okay, Dad enough." Cairo says, his head leaning on his hands. I couldn't help to notice he had been a bit antsy since we had all gathered to speak.

"Anyways, I had offered for him to come. The football coach was friends with the High School coach that most boys usually play for from our school, and this tryout was invite-only," he says, his eyes wandering around the room.

"I was able to tell that he was taken back by my offer, especially because he tried to put up this hard exterior. But, knowing who Edgardo is and how he is, he automatically objected, saying that he didn't want to hurt anybody." Chief laughs, making Dimitri crack a smile.

"But, in reality, he knew that being normal would just be a dream for him. Being born into a family in this line of work, unless you want out, you don't get to be regular. Especially for Eddy, he was the only heir to inherit what his family had left for him." Chief explains, his eyebrows furrowing.