𝟏𝟔

𝐑𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧 "𝐏𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐦" 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐬𝐞

The weeks leading up to now, December 15th, have treated both myself and the Genovese family well, to say the least.

We have had zero contact with anyone who lives within Canan's borders, the fact of the place even existing would seem mythical to most with the lack of evidence we have of proving so.

That's what Blaze wants me to believe anyway.

Under the table, I know he has recently been writing to Chief again, asking about mail every time I head over to the estate early in the morning.

At least someone has a pen pal.

Some more gratifying news: the first two shipments of MLE have been transported, separated, and sold, quadrupling revenue from our corner boys and workers in less than 4 weeks.

But, part of me knew that we wouldn't be getting the original Miracle that I had slipped back on the east of the continent.

The ingredient ratios were unquestionably altered after I had taken another dose.

Dimitri and I having to test a drug isn't anything new, our dark history and plaguing memories never let that fact falter.

It's not like the Macharias have given us synthetic products that would kill anyone with an average dosage, but it's watered down, to say the least. They probably wanted to stay on the safe side with their ratios of the units.

They don't fully trust the Genovese family, and their intelligence shines bright with doing so.

Speaking of shining bright, being able to get back into my routine has made me feel a lot more like myself lately.

Any problems that we have had within the family and company haven't had to be dealt with by me, and being the future Capo, I shouldn't have to get my hands dirty as often as I'm suspected to.

But myself and my right mind know that this is going to be short-lived, the best person to get the job done is I, Roman Genovese.

Who says I can't enjoy the lack of responsibility in that department?

Currently, I'm in my office at Alpha on my scheduled Friday night, looking through paperwork, payroll, and other documents the manager had left on my desk for me to sign off on.

The manager who has been under my wing for years has always gone above and beyond expectations, but when you have something attached to your name, sadly you can't just push everything off to those under you.

I drop the papers onto the surface with a sigh, rolling my neck out of its discomfort and leaning back in my chair.

God, you would not believe I'm 23, my life and schedule portray itself like I'm 50.