𝟑𝟐

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐢𝐝𝐰𝐞𝐬𝐭

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐢𝐝𝐰𝐞𝐬𝐭

Two men, seething with resentment, sat in a dimly lit bar, their faces twisted with a blend of anger and determination. Now, united by a common desire for vengeance, they plotted their retribution with meticulous detail.

After about a week or so of their planned schemes not hitting for what they were supposed to, the two men whose mental states were dwindling with each failed attempt on the Genovese Empire had finally met up.

"Can you believe it's about to be February already?" Caine chuckled, sitting across from Luciano in a secluded booth in the back of the country-styled bar.

"A whole month and we haven't hit one good trade," Luciano eyed the younger man in front of him, annoyed at their failures.

This would be their third consecutive time that the two men have met up in this same bar over the last six months, avoiding the attention of all possible enemies as much as possible.

The last place any hunter would come looking for them would be where tumbleweeds dance in the wind, and these two banked on that.

Luciano, his eyes burning with intensity, slammed his fist onto the table. "Is Armando still working for those fuckers?"

Caine shook his head quickly, knowing that Armando was in too deep to betray them. "There's absolutely no way that Armando is in contact with the twins."

In the Underworld, Dimitri and Roman were often referred to as the twins, when they were growing up, many couldn't decipher who was who, but both were a catastrophe waiting to happen.

"What about the girl?" Luciano took a short sip of his cognac, using the burn to calm his nerves about how horrible his plans were going. His middle name could read failure and no one would blink an eye.

"Abigail?" Caine questioned, the dumb bitch who gave him absolutely nothing he was looking for popped up into his brain.

Abigail was a target for Caine from the start of his plan. He made sure to do as much research as he could about the brother he was going to try his best to come for, and that was Roman.

In no way, shape, or form did Caine think Roman was the weaker link between the two brothers, but he did know that he was more level-headed in the eyes of confrontation than his brother was.

Don't get him wrong, Roman was batshit crazy, borderline psychotic, but Caine felt like he could appease his cool nature rather than playing with the fire of Dimitri's.

Little did Caine know, Abigail was held at arm's length when she was with Roman. The man barely used the girl for a quick fuck, let alone let her in on plans in his Empire.

It took Caine about three conversations to figure this out about her, but she was able to use her in about three other ways:

One, be her date to the winter gala that the twins attend every year. Two, stay on her good side and maybe become a contender for marriage so he can eat up her inheritance if shit goes left. And three, a quick fuck.