24

Mid-January hit,

Mid-January hit,

and everyone couldn't believe how much the days were flying by. It felt like Christmas was only yesterday, and now February was creeping around the corner.

Unfortunately, the big field trip got moved to an end-of-the-year thing. All the high schoolers were upset, but at least it was still happening.

Now, they were just getting back in the swing of school and the tons of homework being sent out.

"How did you get that answer?" Steve said, staring at Vanessa's math sheet. He could've sworn his answer was right, but he trusted the girl's skills more.

She smiled, showing him the work on a separate piece of paper. The two teens had been with each other almost every day.

Ever since their date, Ness had been getting comfortable with her feelings. Of course these new things were scary at first but at least her best friend was patient.

Steve didn't pry or make her do anything she didn't want to do. He randomly took Ness out on small little dates, whether to Lovers Lake or just a movie marathon at his house.

He was so happy to have her around, and she felt the same about him.

However, Vanessa had also been trying to find a way to introduce Steve to her brother. She thought maybe a nice dinner with be good, but also if Hannah was there too. Kinda like a double date thing, so Eddie would behave at least.

She already told the redhead everything before the bell was about to ring. The pair were becoming good friends so far. Ness was also happy to have another girl around.

"Wait," Hannah asked. "So Steve doesn't even know that Eddie is your brother?"

Vanessa shook her head, "He never asked and plus i was too scared to tell him. I didn't know how he would react."

"There's no way," The girl admitted. "How could Steve not know?"

"Honestly, they're both dense enough not to."

The red-haired girl laughed as they continued to plan the dinner. They also talk about the new movies coming out this year. Plus the two already planned a girl's day that would consist of going to lunch and the record store.

Robin met her a couple of days ago. She kept going on and on, saying how perfect Eddie and her were. Of course, that was true.

"Do you get it now?" Ness asked as she looked over at Steve.

The male had a hand resting on his cheek, not looking at the paper. He was too busy staring at Vanessa and thinking how cute she looked.