14

The next day came quick

Vanessa woke up feeling exhausted. She came home super late after staying out late with Steve. The two ended their night by finishing the laundry and having one more joint. It was definitely a good night.

But she was trying to ignore what almost happened between them yesterday. Both teens didn't even bring it up or talk about it. The best thing to do was to pretend it didn't. Not wanting to have ruined the friendship they shared.

Once she was done, letting her negative thoughts get the best of the girl. Ness finally left the comfort of her bed only to be met in the living room by the family she knew well and dear.

It was quiet at first until she walked all the way inside to where they were. Small confetti shots flew up, and her brother blew into one of those horns you would use on New Year's Eve. Both males stood there with smiles as she stared at them.

As we know, birthdays weren't her thing. It was just another day. Though, this year was different.

"Happy Birthday," Wayne smiled, going to hug her.

The girl wrapped her arms around him. "Thank you, Wayne," she smiles.

Ness pulled away to look over to see Eddie at the counter. The boy had cooked up her favorite things; bacon and cheesy scrambled eggs. Of course, there were some pieces of toast that he didn't burn. Knowing she would want that the most.

The metalhead blew the horn again, "You're fucking eighteen." This led him to be scowled by Wayne, just making Eddie grin.

Vanessa shook her head before grabbing a piece of bacon, thanking Eddie for the breakfast he made. It wasn't bad. The male was getting quite good at this stuff.

Usually, the food ends up getting burned and thrown out. But this was delicious. Ness sat down on the stool, looking at her brother.

"Next year, you should make pancakes," she suggested.

Eddie crossed his arms, "What happened to eggs every year?" His sister took a bite of her bacon with a shrug.

Not that Vanessa didn't love what he made because it was very thoughtful. Luckily, nothing got burned this time. Though, pancakes seemed so much better right now.

"Preferably, blueberry," she added.

He just rolled his eyes before Wayne, and him sat next to the girl. Filling up their stomachs with everything that was there.