00

━━𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘸𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨

31st, October

"Nancy, Nancy," Steve says, trying to pull the liquid cup away from her.

The stressed boy was regretting having even come here in the first place. It was a horrible idea. But his drunk girlfriend wanted to, so they could have some fun for once. Nancy was obviously stressing about something or had different feelings than she thought.

At this point, everyone around them was staring at this interaction. Seeing what all the fuss was. It wasn't until the cup went flying that the music stopped. Whoever was around stood there in shock-mumbling things under their breath. How embarrassing. I wonder what's going to happen.

Alcohol was all over the brunette's shirt. She was completely soaked in red now. Nancy was hammered, not really caring about it. But unfortunately, Steve was now annoyed. He quickly set the cup down before pulling her away from the crowd and into the bathroom.

Once the male got her out of the area, he shut the door feeling bad about spilling the drink. "Nance, I'm sorry it was an accident," Steve said, hoping she wasn't upset with him.

Nancy just grabbed a towel before soaking it in the sink water. The boy quickly noticed, telling the drunken it won't be able to come off like that, but she kept trying anyways. "It's coming off," the girl mumbled.

He quickly moved next to her, just wanting to take her home. Steve tried to help the best he could though Nancy kept wiping her stained shirt with the white cloth. Quickly she started to argue in the bathroom about how the male wanted this.

Though all he wanted to do was take her home, she kept calling bullshit.

Outside, things were happening. People were getting completely drunk while other kids made out anywhere they possibly could. Others are yelling for Billy to chug more from the keg calling him the new beer king.

It seemed everyone there was having a really good time.

Especially with Eddie Munson selling the best drugs in town. He was the known freak of Hawkins. Though the curly-haired boy always seemed not to be bothered by it anymore. He was doing what he did best, selling drugs and repeating senior year over again.

"Uh, yeah, it will kick in pretty quick," the male says, handing the girl a bag. And with a smirk, the male went back into the house.

The place was pretty crowded, with dancing teens all over the place. Parties weren't his thing, but he had to make some money. But Eddie was just trying to find his sister.

Vanessa.

The male huffed, "Where the hell is she?"-trying to look around the house.

But the girl wasn't inside the house. She was outside in the front smoking a cigarette, just wanting to go home. The only reason the dyed blonde came was because Eddie dragged her out. Of course, Vanessa bitched and moaned. She HATED being around people, especially all the stupid popular kids who only care about themselves.

Especially since Eddie and her constantly got bullied for being a bunch of weirdos. Vanessa kept to herself and never gave an absolute fuck. Always angry. Barley smiling.

It was sickening to hear how people were in this school. So the female always minded her own damn business.

Expect tonight was a little different.

The front door shot open as the girl inhaled her cigarette, making her look over. A male in black was mumbling words to himself as he stood on the porch. He hasn't noticed the girl there. So she just sat there, not saying a word yet.

"Yeah, such bullshit," the stranger said before running a hand through his hair.

He looked upset, not wanting to be inside anymore. The male kept talking about who knows what, somewhat intriguing the girl. She was bored anyways, so why not fuck with him.

Vanessa furrowed her eyebrows together, blowing smoke from her lips, "Do you always talk to yourself like that?".

Suddenly the boy jumped, feeling startled. He quickly looked up, seeing a figure to his left, realizing he wasn't alone. A laugh came from her lips as she saw his reaction. The female then flicked her cigarette away, getting up from her spot.

Once she got a better look at the person, she realized it was no other than Steve Harrington. The most popular guy in school, who is a complete asshole, by the way. Only because that's what Vanessa knew him as.

"Do you always sneak up on people?" Steve finally said, making her smirk.

She shook her head, "No, just you."

The male rolled his eyes, not wanting to deal with a stranger's shit. Tonight was going extremely bad, and all he wanted to do was leave. Vanessa was about to comment before she realized he had glossy eyes. Noticing Steve was clearly crying or about to have tears rolling down his face.

It seemed they were the only two out of there on the dark porch. Everyone knew Vanessa was a real bitch, but under all that cold exterior, she had some kind of heart.

"You want a smoke?" she said instead, but Steve just shook his head.

The pair then sat in silence, enjoying the fall breeze from outside. Steve had a million thoughts piling in his head while the girl stood beside him. Vanessa realized he hadn't said anything rude to her like she thought he would. He had grown up a little bit which most people haven't seen.

Everyone knew Harrington as the rich guy who had the best life and the best hair. But no one really knew him.

Not even Nancy.

For some reason, it felt nice to be around someone without talking. The autumn leaves blew around, and the moon shone down on them. Nothing was awkward between the two, even with barely knowing each other. But Vanessa knew Steve didn't have a clue who she even was.

The blonde girl was about to speak when Jonathan Byers exited the front door with Nancy. Both of their heads turned, seeing the two, but by the time Vanessa had turned back to Steve. He was already gone.

"Ness," she heard, making her turn around.

Her brother stood there with a cigarette, "Disappear on me, huh?".

Vanessa rolled her eyes before flicking her idiot brother in the forehead. He immediately groaned about the pain like a crybaby. The two of them had a good relationship though sometimes they annoyed the fuck out of each other.

"Well, you dragged me here, didn't you, asshole," she said with a fake smile.

The boy smiled back, "You're not even a real blonde, but here you are, acting like one." His sister raised her hand ready to flick him again, but Eddie quickly ran to his van. With a huff, Ness followed him anyways so she could finally get home.

As Vanessa looked out the window, all she wanted to know was what happened to Steve Harrington to make him change so much.

But maybe it was just bullshit.