Chapter 19: Keep Going On

After parting from the hug, Jaxon's bandmates gave him an earful for giving up on his situation.

"Fine, fine, I get it. Stop scolding me now," Jaxon cried out. "I won't give up, don't worry."

Davian and Declan gave him a suspicious look.

Jaxon turned to Aurora for help. "Aura, help. Look at how they don't trust me."

Aurora took a pause and replied, "Do you promise to give it your best fight?"

Jaxon nodded vehemently.

"As for the soda issue," Tiana spoke up, "I want to take responsibility for keeping Jaxon's soda addiction under control." She looked at Jaxon, a fond smile on her lips. "Of course, I trust Jaxon when he said he will quit from now on," her expressions turned serious, "but addiction is a scary thing and I'm sure it will assure LM better if someone is constantly keeping an eye on him."

"That would be great, if you are willing to volunteer, Tiana," Nina appreciated.

"So..." Jaxon started hesitantly, "should I ask Cillian to let me talk to LM directly?"

"I have already convinced him to arrange a one-on-one meeting with you and the authority," Nina answered. Before the others could speak up, she added, "I know y'all don't want to throw Jax to the wolves all alone and want to be there with him, but it will seem more sincere to LM if Jax does it alone and tries to convince them."

"When is the meeting?" Declan inquired.

"In half an hour," Nina replied.

"This late at night?" Aurora asked, baffled.

"Yes, since B4U is their number one priority, they want this issue to be dealt with as soon as possible. Since it's an online meeting, it's easier to arrange," Nina explained.

"Okay, got it," Jaxon said and munched on a cupcake that Ariel made. "OMG, Ariel, this is so good."

Ariel smiled and said, "I'm glad you like it."

"Are there no more?" he asked with a puppy look, staring at the two cupcakes remaining.

Ariel laughed. "There are a lot more in the kitchen. But you can only have them later. Too much sweets this late won't be good for your health."

Jaxon pouted.

Tiana was admiring Jaxon's cuteness. She loved seeing him act like his usual self. She was also a little worried about how he was feeling inside, but it couldn't be helped. She just hoped Jaxon managed to smooth things over with LM.

###

Everyone was sitting in the living room anxiously while Jaxon had gone into Cillian's room to attend the meeting with LM.

Once they heard the door click open, they all got up from the couch instantly.

"So?" Aurora was the first to speak up with hope in her eyes.

Jaxon shook his head solemnly. "They weren't convinced entirely."

"They didn't even consider it at all?" Davian asked.

"They did. But they weren't entirely sure. They think the fans won't accept me anymore, so they don't want to bet on me and ruin B4U's clean image," Jaxon explained.

"Why am I not surprised?" Declan huffed and ran a hand through his hair.

"I will try apologizing to the fans tomorrow," Jaxon said and smiled widely. "Like I said, I won't give up."