Chapter 26: Girls' Gossip Night

As the boys were having a serious talk in the middle of the night, the girls were also having the same talk on the other side of the suite.

"Oh, wow, that all happened between you guys and you let nobody know about it?" Tiana asked Aurora, astonished.

"Not gonna lie, Aura, I'm kind of hurt that I was your roommate when that break started and you never shared a thing about it?" Ariel let out. "I mean, obviously I wasn't that close to you back then, and I was maintaining a professional boundary, but you know, even a stranger would have lent an ear to someone's heartbroken story. You must have been crying alone all night that day."

Aurora chuckled lightly and said, "Of course, Ariel, I would have told you back then, if not for the fact I didn't want to tell anyone without consulting Davian."

"But today, you revealed it without consulting Davian, didn't you?" Ariel raised an eyebrow in question, and Aurora hummed. "So why did you wait until now? Why did you need his permission to speak about your feelings?" Ariel said in a genuinely curious voice. "I mean, the break didn't just involve him, did it? It involved you just as much. You had every right to speak about it to the others."

"Yeah, you told us about Kylen's incident, right? About how Kylen confessed to you," Tiana brought up. "I remember you said you turned down his offer without consulting anybody. So Aura, I also don't think you should have waited until now to come out with the truth. Things like these shouldn't be bottled up in your heart." She came forward in front of Aurora and gently hugged her. "I am so sorry, I can't imagine how hard it must have been for you to get turned down on your birthday by the person you loved."

Ariel and Tiana's words made Aurora realize that even back then she still cared so much about Davian's opinion that she let herself suffer all alone, whereas if she had uttered one word, Jaxon, Declan, Ariel, and even Nina would have left everything behind just to console her. The painful realization almost made Aurora tear up as she hugged back Tiana.

"I will keep it in mind next time," Aurora promised in a small voice. "I will give my feelings and opinions more priority from now on."

"Yes, that's the spirit!" Tiana cheered as she pulled apart from the hug. "Your feelings should be the most important to you! I mean, nobody could force me to not like B4U if I wanted to like it. I always work hard to get what I like. You should too, Aura!"

Ariel watched the two girls while sitting on the bed as she thought how she had promised not to get too involved with the band, and here she was, giving unsolicited advice to Aurora regarding her love life. She would have missed out on so much if she had continued to maintain distance.

"Speaking of what you like, what's really going on between you and Jax, huh?" Aurora teased.

Tiana's cheeks reddened, turning away her face. "What do you mean what's going on between us?" Her voice was squeaky. "There's absolutely nothing going on. We are friends who converted from just being a fan and a celebrity," she spoke too fast.

"Really?" Aurora's expressions were mischievous, which made Tiana blush harder.

"You can tell us if you like Jax, Tiana," Ariel nudged. "Unless you have stopped liking him now."

"Of course, I like him! He's my favorite idol. Until my last breath, he will remain my favorite," Tiana protested. "But... I don't know if I like him that way."

"What do you mean you don't like him that way? I thought hard-core fans like you wanted to marry your idols," Ariel said.

Her face got even redder as she said, "That's true... and I did feel that way about him before. But now that I know him personally, he just feels more realistic, you know? I don't know how to explain." She ran a hand through her hair. "Previously, I used to see him on screen and posters or from far away in concerts. He was kind of like a fictional man to me. And now... he's real. It's just so unbelievable."