Chapter 27: Fan War

Chapter 27: Fan War

The next morning, Aurora was the first one to wake up. She was feeling extremely proactive this morning after last night's conversation with the girls. They were still sleeping since they all went to bed late, even the boys were in their rooms even now, or so it seemed like.

Aurora was doing yoga in the free space in the living room when the door unlocked and Davian walked in, sweating in his gym clothes.

As their eyes met, there was a loud awkward silence.

Of course, Davian is up like me in the morning too, Aurora thought at first, and the next moment, she was like, why should I be awkward? I didn't do anything wrong earlier, neither am I doing it right now.

"Hey, good morning," Aurora greeted, trying to be casual.

"Morning," Davian muttered and took a sip from his water bottle as he headed for his room.

Aurora thought that was going to be the end of it, but suddenly, Davian halted and asked, "How are you this morning?"

Aurora felt it was strange of him to ask, but she still shot him a smile and said, "Good. Really good, in fact. How about you?"

There was a solemn look on his face that made Aurora realize he wasn't good, but nevertheless, he smiled faintly. "Yeah, I am good too. Just checking up on you."

"You didn't get much sleep last night?" Aurora asked.

"No, not really. You know Dee and Jax. They can be pretty nosy," Davian chuckled lightly, which made her chuckle as well.

"Yep. Tell me about it. I had a long talk with Ariel and Tiana last night about life and everything. It was nice."

"That means, you should catch up on some sleep too," he suggested. "We have another concert tonight. It might be too bad for your health if you don't have proper sleep."

"Says the person who also had less sleep."

"Well, I am going to try to sleep again after freshening up. Can't have myself fainting in the middle of a concert, can I?"

"For some reason, these concerts really take a lot out of us, don't they?"

"That's the price we pay for fame, I guess," he shrugged playfully. "Anyway, I should get going now. Enjoy your yoga."

"Davian," Aurora called out, and he stopped, "It was nice talking casually again," she expressed with a warm smile.

All this time, ever since their break started, they haven't had a single conversation that wasn't forced or fake. So, now having this light conversation without the heavy shackle on their hearts felt better. They didn't have to pretend anymore.

They could act like normal friends again, if not boyfriend-girlfriend.

"Yeah," he replied, shooting a similar smile to her.

After he left, Aurora continued doing her yoga. Once she was done, she got up and went to the refrigerator to get some juice out.

While taking out the juice, she turned her phone's Wi-Fi on, and suddenly, she was bombarded with notifications.

The first one that caught her eye was a text from Kiara that said, "Damn, Nora is coming back to B4U?"

Aurora's eyes widened.

"How did Kiara know about that?" Aurora muttered and opened her social media apps.

The apps were flooded with fans going at war with each other because Nora officially posted on her account: "So guess what, Novs? I have decided to come back to B4U. Are you guys excited?"