Chapter 16: Irredeemable Situation

"Explain this shit to me, Jaxon Leonides!" Cillian showed his phone to Jaxon, who hung his face down in guilt. "What in the world have you been doing? Do you have any idea how serious of an offense it is in LM?"

Cillian's high and frustrated voice got the attention of Aurora, Davian, Declan, and Ariel who were in their rooms with Declan and Ariel trying to figure out what was going on with the other two. They immediately came to Jaxon's side to defend him and read the article Cillain was showing as none of them had gone online until now to see anything. That's when they understood what was happening.

"Tiana, show me the statement you are preparing to release," Nina said and sat next to Tiana on the couch. Tiana was busy handling the matter as per the instructions. She was absolutely clueless on how to handle such an issue, but Nina was guiding her. Nina already talked to the PR department to go over the bigger issues. Right now, controlling the fans was extremely crucial, and that's what she was trying to make Tiana do.

Ariel was simply standing near the couch, watching everything quietly.

"I need an answer, Jaxon," Cillian's voice was filled with rage. "What am I supposed to answer LM? They are demanding an answer."

"Cillia—" Davian was cut off by Cillian.

"I gave you all whatever you desired. You are the number one band in LM. You have been at the top of our priority list. Do you know how much budget LM puts into you? And this is what B4U returns to us? This is your feedback for all that you have been given? Answer me!"

"Jaxon didn't drink soda for a long time," Aurora defended.

Cillian's angry gaze fell upon Aurora. "You knew about it this entire time and didn't bother to let us know? Do you realize you are an accomplice to this?" He took a step toward Aurora, his eyes narrowed, but Davian stood in front of her, covering her.

"All of us knew," Davian stated calmly.

"Wow. I cannot just believe it. Have all of you lost it? You guys do know that soda is banned in LM because it is harmful as a singer. Do you want to ruin his career or what?" he yelled.

Aurora moved past Davian and faced Cillian. "He promised to stop drinking soda, and he did stop as far as we know. So we kept quiet. What's past is past, right?"

"But this is the latest picture," Nina pointed out. "It was taken when we were in the last city."

Declan, who was quiet the entire time, placed a hand over Jaxon's shoulder. "Jax," he called out in a gentle voice. Jaxon looked at Declan with almost watery eyes. "Did you take soda since we confronted you?"

Jaxon averted his gaze, his fist clenching by his side in regret. "Dee... I swear I stopped taking it, but on the first day of the tour, I was craving for soda. Before I knew it, I ended up at the mall to buy one. But there I met Tiana, and I swear, I couldn't even take one sip due to her. She fainted seeing me and I was busy tending to her. I had no chance."

"So you didn't drink?" Declan asked for further clarification, and he shook his head.

"Tiana, show us the video," Davian and Aurora said in unison.

They had momentary eye contact before Tiana handed her iPad to Davian. He played the video once again and everyone watched the video together.

Jaxon bought the soda and was about to drink it, it was almost about to touch his lips and that was when the video ended. It was intentionally misleading as one would naturally assume he drank from it later on.

"The video ended here because, after that, I called Jaxon by his name and fainted," Tiana mumbled.

"So that must be enough to answer LM now, Cillian," Declan uttered. "And even in the official statement, Tiana can write this."

Cillian seemed to tone down his anger a little at that. "But it doesn't change the fact that Jaxon used to drink soda."

"Now, he doesn't," said Davian. "He made a mistake, and he corrected it before it was too late. Luckily, it hasn't affected his voice, either."

"Okay, fine, let's say he doesn't anymore. Still, the fans will question why Jaxon was buying a soda in the first place. Why was he about to drink it? What explanation can be given? He will face backlash. Already there is so much going on."

"Cillian has a point," Aurora agreed. "At this moment, I think we should leave it to LM to handle the matter. They will support Jax, and I am sure, whatever decision LM will take, it will be for the best."

Davian and Declan looked at each other, uncertainty visible in both of their gazes.

"Yes, let me handle this. Tiana and Nina, follow me," Cillian ordered. "Be ready to receive fans' backlash and reflect on what you have done," he said to Jaxon and left with Tiana and Nina.

Jaxon slumped his shoulders in defeat and sank to the cold floor. Tears started pouring from his eyes.

Declan and Davian side-hugged him, sitting next to him.

"It's all my fault. Liza always wanted to ruin me, and I handed her the opportunity on a silver platter. Of course, she was successful today only because I did make the mistake myself. If only I hadn't gone to the mall for soda..."

Aurora crouched in front of Jaxon, and she also felt her eyes getting water.

"It's not your fault, Jax. You were nervous that day. Impulse actions happen; it's natural," she told him, but he shook his head.

"No, Aura. If only she hadn't been in my life, I would have never felt the need to rely on soda to calm my nerves. If I hadn't fallen for her words, this day would've never arrived. Now, everyone will hate me." Jaxon continued crying. "I ruined B4U. I am sorry. I am so sorry."

Declan and Davian also failed to control the tears that fell from their eyes seeing Jaxon in that miserable state. They really wanted to comfort him but couldn't find the right words. The situation was simply so messy and irredeemable that nothing came to their minds that could dissolve it immediately. They just tightened their hold on Jaxon.

Aurora wiped the drops of tears from Jaxon's cheeks and started singing in a low humming voice.

🎶
I know everything's going hard for you
It's a just phase of life
When everything gets scattered in a few
Drops of tears slid through your eyes
🎶

Jaxon looked at Aurora as he felt more emotional. He got up and rushed to his room, not wanting to show his miserable state to his friends anymore.

Davian followed him, but he locked himself in, leaving Davian at the doorstep.

Declan was about to go too, but Aurora stopped him by holding his hand. "Give him some space, Dee. He has a lot going on in his head."

Declan nodded and walked to the balcony.

Ariel was watching everything silently. She didn't know why she felt the pain of B4U, despite not wanting to be attached to them. She controlled the water threatening to come out of her eyes. She wanted to go back to her room, but she didn't understand why her heart wanted her to go to the balcony and just stand next to Declan.

Ariel usually listened to her brain, however, she was choosing to listen to her heart today. B4U members' caring behavior compelled her to choose her heart. She hated it but loved it too. It was something new.

So she made her way to the balcony, leaving Aurora and Davian alone in the living room.

Aurora walked toward Davian, whose hand was resting on the closed door.

"Give him some space..." she told him.

Davian nodded, but he looked at the door and decided to sing in a low voice.

🎶
I know you don't fit in all these places
And all you ask for is some space
I know it's not too much to ask
But you bear everything with a smile and mask
🎶

With that, Davian walked out of the hotel, while Aurora went to Cillian.