Chapter 17: Ruined Career

Ariel noticed Declan glancing at the sky, his hands on the railing. She cleared her throat to let her presence be known.

Declan knew it was her as he saw through the corner of his eyes, but he chose to stay quiet.

Sucking in a deep breath, she called, "Dee..." She stood next to him. "What are you concerned about? Jax has all of your support, so he will be alright."

"Ariel," the way he called her name, gave her butterflies all of a sudden, yet she acted to be unbothered. "I know Jax will be alright because he has us."

"Then what are you worried about? Fans? Most of them are true fans. So they will forget soon. Plus, they are too loyal for their own good. I mean, take Tiana for an example," she tried to make him feel better. She didn't like to see him in that state. "And those who are haters, they are always going to hate, no matter what he does. He shouldn't be affected by that, neither should you all."

Declan glanced at her and chuckled. He found her too cute, trying to comfort him.

"I am worried about LM."

Ariel arched an eyebrow in confusion. "LM? Cillian said he would handle everything. Besides, they will make a decision and I am sure it will be good for Jaxon. LM will support their first priority, right?"

"That's the problem, Ariel." He put his hands in his pocket. "LM will support B4U, not the members."

"What do you mean?"

"The decision LM will take, there are high chances that it won't be good for Jax. It will be for the betterment of B4U but might be against Jax," he explained as a gasp escaped her mouth.

"LM can't do that, can they? Why will they decide against Jax? He's a core member."

He turned to her. "Here's the thing. LM won't give a damn even if Jax is currently a core member of the band. To them, B4U members are replaceable. I mean, take Aura's position as an example. LM wanted someone to take Nora's position, and Aura fit the bill, so they did everything to solidify Aura's place in the band. Even though we don't see Aura that way, in LM's eyes, she is Nora's replacement. B4U is a brand now. B4U's name cannot be replaced. That's the whole point. LM cares for B4U, not the bandmates."

Ariel was staring at Declan in disbelief. "I had no idea things were like this."

"Unfortunately, they are." Declan let out a small sigh, looking faraway into the distance.

Ariel wasn't sure what to do or say in this situation. She was about to place her hand on his shoulder when she heard Cillian's announcement, "Everyone, come into the living room! LM has sent me their decision."

Declan instantly ran out of the living room, leaving Ariel to follow behind.

Under half a minute, everyone had gathered around in the living room and were staring at Cillian anxiously.

Cillian's face was unreadable. His eyes were cold and stern.

"So...?" Davian urged, being impatient.

"I discussed the issue with LM over a video-conference, and they have come to a final decision on the matter," Cillian started.

Jaxon was staring at his feet, standing a little far away from the group. Declan went and put an arm around his shoulder.

"Dee, I am scared," Jaxon muttered, looking up at him with timid eyes.

"No matter what, we are with you. Trust us," Declan assured.

Jaxon looked back down and nodded his head.