Chapter 8: Liking Varieties

This morning didn't start on a good note for Aurora.

When she found Davian fresh out of the shower after gym, she jumped on him from the back.

"Good morning, Davian!"

"Woah," Davian let out. "Aura, what?" He instantly locked his phone screen and let out a small sigh of relief before glancing at her over his shoulder.

Aurora wasn't sure, but did she just hear the annoyance in his voice? That was strange. Davian didn't act like that with her.

"No, nothing. I just wanted to wish you good morning," she mumbled.

He turned his face away and said, albeit a little forcefully, "Good morning, Aura."

Aurora didn't feel like saying anything to him anymore and just let go of his body. It felt like she gave him a punishment.

Once breakfast was done, she wanted to talk to Davian and spend some quality time with him, especially after what happened in the morning. But he was busy on his phone again.

Currently, she was sitting right next to him on the couch, yet he was paying no mind to her as if she was invisible. Aurora wondered on what Davian's interest was so much, so out of curiosity, she tried to take a peek at Davian's phone.

Instantly, Davian locked his phone once again and looked over at Aurora. "Is something wrong?" he asked sternly.

"Nothing. I was just bored, and I was a little curious about what you were up to," she said to him honestly.

"That doesn't mean you will just peek at someone's phone. It's an invasion of privacy, Aura."

Aurora clenched her fist. "Invasion of privacy? I am your girlfriend, Davian. Besides, even though I am sitting right next to you, you aren't giving me any attention. What else was I supposed to do?"

Davian let out a humorless chuckle. "Just because you are my girlfriend doesn't mean you won't even give me any space. It doesn't mean we have to cling to each other 24/7. Also, not giving you attention means I'm really busy. You have to understand that."

"So busy to not prioritize your girlfriend?" She arched an eyebrow, trying to put up a playful front. But that didn't come off well to Davian.

"What the hell are you saying? Do you have any idea? I can be busy for some time and you have to adjust to that. Period," he concluded.

"But—" Before he could conclude her sentence, Davian stormed off to his room, completely ignoring her.

Meanwhile, Jaxon and Declan were sitting in their room. They saw Davian coming inside and closing the door with a thud. The two exchanged a look with each other.

"Davian, all good?" Jaxon decided to ask.

"Yeah." He sat with them, letting out a puff of sigh. "What are you two talking about?"

"I was telling Jaxon about my and Ariel's conversation last night," Declan started speaking.

"What conversation?"

"Ariel was up last night when I was studying. When I asked her why she was awake, she said I would know it by today. So I really wonder what it is." Declan had a subtle curious smile on his face.

Despite knowing what Ariel was planning, Davian decided to play along, "Oh, that's weird. By the way, Dee, what do you think of Ariel? I remember you going to pick her up from the airport, but you never commented about her, like if you guys hit it off on the road or not."