9 | Trouble.

Author-chan's notes: I'm pretty much finished with Kny for the most part since the manga is finished and the anime is being worked on. I'll have to rush through the plot. One day I'll rewrite this book when I have more experience in writing. To make up for this random long author note, feel free to ask me a Q&A at the end of every chapter because why not? Also, I'm making a Haikyuu one shot book and a random get to know me book, however my attention will still be on this book!

 To make up for this random long author note, feel free to ask me a Q&A at the end of every chapter because why not? Also, I'm making a Haikyuu one shot book and a random get to know me book, however my attention will still be on this book!

L/n = Last name

Taking a breath in, Kokushibo charged at you, swinging his sword in a swift and straightforward manner. He bit on his lip while you were quickly dodging. He was adept in the ways of swordsmenship, there was no doubt. However, he lacked stability and attacks in an unplanned and aggressive manner, almost like he's jealous.

"Go Tsugikuni!"

This allowed you to swing your sword and swing at his feet and knock him over. Stepping on him and winning victory.

The crowd that had slowly formed around you cheered! "Go l/n! Go l/n!"

"My! I didn't know l/n-san was an amazing swordsmen! That's adorable!"

"L/n? That little Kohai beat that delinquent? I don't believe it."

While you were busy listening to others among the crowd, Inosuke was speeding towards you and hopped on your back. "Next time, I'll will beat you! I am the king of the mountains!" He was pulling at your hair, shouting.

You were swallowing back the urge to beat up this kid like he was a demon.

—— TIMESKIP. ——

Unlocking your shoe locker and changing your shoes, as soon as you finished, you felt a tap on your shoulder. "Doll-face? Did you forget about our date?" It was just Hairo. He was smirking as he patted your head.

"No, I didn't forget."

"Then in that case, you're ready for the date?"

"I guess?"

"I'm not the best with dates but we'll be going to a volleyball game  if that's alright with you? All the fancy romantic dinner places are booked."

Volleyball?.. what's that?

(I tried to find out if Volleyball was a thing in the Taisho era of Japan but I couldn't find anything. I do know that the league started in 1994 so I'll just assume they didn't have it during the Taisho era.)

"Pardon me for asking, but what in the world is Volleyball?"

"It's a sport, like Sumo."

"Oh."

(Apparently Sumo is Japan's oldest sport. Considering the official Kny series has shown arm wrestling before, I'm assuming they know about Sumo too.)

What should I wear? Oh screw it, it won't matter because I shouldn't be in this place anyways. I should be slaying demons! I miss the warm tingle in me whenever I save someone! I want to go home.

"Doll-face? Earth to Doll-face!"

"I'm here you little Kisama."

"Kisama?.. Isn't that an insult used from Samurai that was used for lords? You sound like an old man!"

"And you sound like a history nerd."

(I wasn't able to find anything about any insults used during the Taisho era but I did find out that Kisama was an insult used by Samurai?.. I'm not sure if it's a common insult in Japan now though.)

"Hmph!"

He pouted, turning away from you. "I'll pick you up from your house, I remember your address, just get ready." 

————
???
Overhearing about the date y/n and Hairo were having, he knew what he had to do. He had to take out Hairo and y/n would be all his. He didn't know why he felt this way for somebody he wasn't even dating. He only had a small crush on them until this huge wave of jealousy hit them and this overwhelming urge to keep them all to him was taking over. He couldn't keep his morals. He knew the girl was sweet and he'd be a horrible person to do this, but it can't be helped. It was like his urge to hurt somebody whenever someone attacked his little sister.

(Can you guess who it is?? 😈)
——————

As usual, Polaris had led you home, but you were faced with some trouble at your house.

It was Kiyora.

She was pissed. There was no way this was the same Kiyora you knew and loved back at ' home '.

"You think you're so special? Look at me! I'm sooo special for beating a delinquent! Looook at me! I'm not like the other giiirls! (Or boys if you're not a girl.) "You sound like a total pick me! It's about time I teach you a lesson."

She had a club in her hand, as she charged towards you.

You quickly dodged and punched her straight in the gut, knocking her down.

You frowned, fighting the urge to cry. You were far from home. Somebody who looked exactly like your best friend hated you. What if your actual best friend secretly hated you?! You just wanted to go home and see the real Kiyora again. You missed how after missions, you'd get to make food with them, like mochi! You wanted to go home, not be in this place. Sure you had friends here but they'd never feel the same like the friends you had at home.

"DOLL-FACE?!"  

Recognizing the voice, you turned to realize Hairo had arrived. "I can explain-" "That's so cool?! You can explain to me at the Volleyball game!"

A small blush crept on your face. It sorta reminded you of how amazing  you felt whenever you would save a little kid and they would think of you as some super awesome strong hero.

"Forget about getting ready, we're going to that Volleyball game! I want to hear every single detail!"

—————-

Bonus story:

Kiyora fell down onto the ground, tears streaming down her face as she held onto the Haori, their missing best friend, y/n had made for them. Where were they? It's been months since they disappeared.

She knew y/n was most likely dead but there was still a piece of hope but of course, every time that hope rebuilds, it shatters down again every time she'd look at their belongings they left behind in the home the two shared.

(For context, since both of you are broke demon slayers, you share a house because let's admit it, you wouldn't be able to afford a home all by yourself.)

(I love writing Angst but I'm so happy I finally made a long chapter! Till the next chapter!)