Chapter 49 A Warm Welcome Back

Y/N's POV

You walk up the stairs of the dorm building. It has felt like an eternity since you walked through here... Well probably because you've been stuck in a hospital bed. There doesn't seem to be many people in the dorm building hallways  today... Strange... You approach the door to the feline dorm. You reach out and grip the handle and twist it. 

You open the door and step into the room. "Finally home sweet home..." You say with a smile. You look around expecting to see Leon or Bill waiting to welcome you back. Suddenly you hear
the door close behind you and before you can look you feel someone's arms wrap around.

"Welcome back Y/N!" You hear a familiar voice shout from behind. It was Leon. "Uh... could you get off me... please..." You ask Leon. Leon stops hugging you and backs up. "Sorry, I'm just happy that you're back, it's been boring as hell around here without you man." You turn around to look at him. Holy shit, he looks like an absolute mess.

"What on Earth happened to you?" You ask with a slight hint of concern. "Oh... you know the usual. I've just been hanging out." His  fur was an absolute mess and he looked exhausted. You hear some shuffling coming from the top bunk. You look up at the top bunk. Leon grabs you by the shoulders looking into your eyes. "That's uh... just my... phone. Could you go into the bathroom for a sec. I need to take an important call." Leon says. Someone pops their head out from behind the curtain. Wait a second... isn't that one of the pitchers on the baseball team?

"Oh uh, hi..." The guy says awkwardly. What in the!? You knew you smelt something. "Leon what the fuck! It's the middle of the day." Leon nervously scratches the back of his head. "Look, I got a little uh... lonely." You let out a disappointed sigh. Did Bill not tell him you were coming back today? Or did he just pick sex over welcoming you back in decent way... You notice a pile of empty alcohol bottles hidden under your bed. Are those all his? You let out a disappointed sigh. 

"Leon, go take a shower. I'll clean up this mess." You tell the Lynx. Leon looks at you confused. "N-no I can do it myself. It's my mess." While you'd appreciate him picking up his mess, you can't stand how he smells. "I've got it Leon. Just go clean yourself up." You state in a firm tone. He rolls his eyes and complies grabbing a clean pair of clothes from the dresser. He walks into the bathroom and closes the door behind him.

-a while later-

Y
ou tie the handles of the garbage bag together. How the hell did he even manage to drink all that? It's only been like a week. The guy that was in Leon's bed had already left shortly after Leon went to the shower. You only left for a week and the dorm is trashed. You seem to be the only thing keeping this dorm together...

The bathroom door opens allowing steam to waft into the room. Leon steps out of the bathroom dressed in some more presentable looking clothing. He looks at you holding the garbage bag full of glass bottles. "Haha, uh sorry about that..." He apologizes while scratching the back of his head.

"It's fine Leon... but for the love of Rex don't ever drink like that again." You respond in a slightly concerned tone. You then feel your phone start to buzz in your pocket. Oh! That must be Legoshi! You take out your phone and answer the call. "Hey, Legoshi!" You greet him happily. It takes a moment for the wolf to respond. "Hey uh, Y/N, I forgot that there's a Drama Club meeting today. We may have to hold off on lunch... or maybe we could just get dinner instead. But, this meeting seems pretty important. You should probably be here..."

An important meeting? I wonder what this is about? "A-Alright I'll be there." You tell Legoshi. "Alright, see you soon." The wolf hangs up. Well looks like there's no time to relax. You already gotta get going. You set down the garbage bag. "Leon, take the bag out for me, okay?" You tell the feline before heading out.

You hastily make your way over to the auditorium. Reaching your hand out you push open the doors entering the auditorium. Everyone was sitting on the floor in front  of a white board. Sansu, Dom, and Kai were standing in front of it. On the board was written "Keep the club or Obey the teachers" in dark black dry erase marker. Everyone looks back at you as you enter. "Y/N, welcome back!" Sansu greets you with a smile. "I'm sorry your first meeting back has to be this one."

This one? You feel like you're missing the context here. Suddenly you feel someone shove you aside. It was Bill who seems to also have just arrived. Els was following right beside him.  "About the notice they sent out today." Bill speaks up. "Oh, looks like everyone's here now. Even if you are late..." Sansu says.

"Well I-" Els speaks over Bill. "We think the club shouldn't be closed!" The sheep shouts. "Uh... yeah!" Bill shouts shortly after. Wait the club is closing? "Fine, but the question is, how do we proceed?" Sansu questions. "I uh.. don't know." Bill says.

"I think we should maybe put on a presentation or something." Kai suggests. You walk over to Legoshi and sit down. "What's going on?" You whisper to Legoshi. Legoshi looks at you with an eyebrow raised. "Did you not get the notice?" Legoshi asks. You tilt your head to the side with a confused look. "No, what notice?" You ask.

"Well... the school wants to segregate classes between herbivores and carnivores." The wolf says looking down. What!? "No way! That's ridiculous! " You say out loud. It seems that you've caught everyone's attention. You chuckle nervously. "Heh, uhm... sorry."  You say embarrassed. 

Juno stands up. "If it's so ridiculous then what do you suggest we do?" She asks staring daggers into you. Dammit, why does she have to put you on the spot like this? You try to quickly think of an answer. "What if we go all out? We give them a show they'll never forget. We need to showcase the hard working and rebellious spirit of the Drama Club. Maybe then they'll listen to us." You answer in a firm sincere tone. Wow, that actually sounded pretty good for something you came up with on a dime.

Sansu starts to clap. "What an outstanding answer Y/N! That's exactly what we'll do. Gear up everyone because this year, we aren't pulling any punches!" The pelican proudly states.

to be continued...