✧ 24

Jaemi POV:

Jaemi POV:

Although I usually found it easier than most to focus on studying, Juyoung plagued my mind a little more than he usually did.

Sometimes, I didn't know if I was irritated or completely obsessed with him. He wouldn't leave my head at the times I needed him to the most, and it made me wonder where my mind's priorities were set at that time.

My body was rejecting the stress that was desperate to start up, leaving enough space in my head for Juyoung to make himself comfortable.

A loud vibration abruptly brought a stop to Juyoung's laps around my head, making my body jolt a little in surprise.

Looking at the screen, a grin drew itself on my lips, seeing the topic of my constant thoughts flashing his name across the screen.

Answering the call, my smile stayed put.

"Juyoung?"

"Love."

Even though I was fully expecting this type of response from him, it still brought a familiar warmth to my face. It was times like this that I wondered if he meant anything by his words, or if he was just messing with me, seeing me as an easy target.

"How's studying going?"

"... It's going well."

Juyoung didn't seem to believe me, hesitating before responding.

"I thought you would be thinking of me instead."

His signature smug tone was painfully audible, but I couldn't bring myself to be irritated by it.

"Anyways,"

Juyoung continued, relieving me from the change of subject.

"I have good news, and good or bad news."

My face contorted in confusion, and my eyes wandered down to my textbook that lay in front of me on my desk. Algebraic equations covered the pages, but none of them gave the answer to Juyoung's confusing statement.

"Good or bad news? What would that be?"

He chuckled lightly on his end.

"I'll start with the definitely good news,"

Even though I would usually be annoyed by this type of action, I smiled to myself a little when Juyoung did it.

"During lunch, Hyewon confessed to Jeonghan and asked him out after the finals."

My eyes widened and flew away from the textbook, my jaw dropping slightly.

"Really?"

"Really."

Then I felt it again.

The same feeling I felt when I heard about that girl speaking out about Hyewon's anorexia in public, and whenever something happened to her without me being there.