✧ 17

(A/N: i only just did like a little research on the korean education system and realised that this is like

(A/N: i only just did like a little research on the korean education system and realised that this is like.. completely off T^T. but it's okay, cuz this school is just different to the other schools ~(^3^))

Now that it was steadily nearing the weeks in which we would write our final exams, Jaemi would spend all of her breaks doing extra study work in the library or asking around to find ways to scrape a little extra credit for her GPA, making it impossible for me to speak to her during lunch.

I usually wouldn't mind, but it was a painfully draining experience to force myself to sit down with and involve myself in the brain-bogglingly uninteresting trio at a time when - Jaemi had convinced me - it was substantial for me to heal myself from what had been happening with Yeonjun.

Just as I was half a second away from tapping out and taking a break at the bathroom, my saviour swooped in at the perfect time once again.

"Hyewon? Miss Oh needs us for something."

I quickly got up at the mention of my Biology teacher, but mostly because I couldn't stand snother second with those girls.

I felt their eyes follow me out of the room, but I tried to focus on the freedom I was just granted, instead of the uncomfortable suspicion I sensed at the back of my neck.

What I didn't notice was the extra pair of eyes that watched the two of us.

My lungs slowly released a breath that I wasn't even aware they had detained as I left the cafeteria with Jeonghan.

"What does Miss Oh need help with."

He shrugged, the ends of his lips curling up slightly.

"I don't know. Haven't seen her all day."

His reply confused me, and my brows furrowed as I tilted my head while looking at him.

He noticed my confusion and his small smile quickly grew to a grin.

"I just figured you needed a breather from them. You didn't seem too enthusiastic, from what I was seeing at least."

His words caught me off guard, and my jaw fell slightly as I stared at him silently. Noticing this, he chuckled softly and looked ahead of himself.

"You wanna hang out after school?"

I looked away from him too, glad for the change of subject.

"For what?"

Jeonghan lifted his shoulders relaxedly, keeping his gaze ahead.

"Anything, really. What do you want to do?"

I slowly turned my head to face him, narrowing my eyes slightly as I sensed a strange undertone in his voice.

Noticing my silence, Jeonghan looked at me too, initiating eye contact between us. His friendly gaze on my sharp one, our eyes stayed locked for a few moments before he finally chuckled and looked away from me.

I looked in front of myself as well, my stomach feeling a strange sense of light ticklishness; that was the only way I could perfectly describe it. Butterflies sounded too chaotic for the wholesome and fluttering feeling I had experienced.

"Don't think of it weirdly."

This time, I chuckled under my breath.

The two of us walked in silence for a few seconds, not feeling so awkward as it would have with almost anyone else. I thought quietly about anywhere I would have liked to go, neither of us paying attention to where our pairs of feet were taking us in the school.

"Do you know about the arcade near my- Juyoung's house?"

He appeared to think for a moment, soon nodding his head and turning to look at me.

"Yeah, I've seen it."

"Do you want to go there?"

Surprise flashed across Jeonghan's face, him not doing anything to try and hide it.

"I didn't take you for the type. I thought you'd want to go to a mall or something."

My smile faltered for a second, and I looked away from him.

"I'm going, whether you're coming or not."

I tried to sound confident and maybe even a little cold, attempting to use it to mask just how much I wanted to go to the arcade with him.

To my disappointment - and probable luck - Jeonghan seemed to pick up very easily on my mask, chuckling breathily before replying with an audible smile.

"That sounds fun. Meet you outside after school?"

Even though he had just effortlessly foiled my uncaring and indifferent persona, I couldn't help but smile a little and already feel excitement bubbling up inside my stomach.

"Sounds good."

bad bitches play mario kart 💪tell me what you thought :Da vote is highly appreciated <33

tell me what you thought :D

a vote is highly appreciated <33