✧ 15

Yeonjun POV:

Yeonjun POV:

Hyewon's drunken appearance was an amusing sight to see, seemingly meaningless nonsense spewing out of her mouth continuously. I couldn't help but chuckle teasingly at Jeonghan's vain attempts to control her, her body seeming to flap and wave around like a balloon man outside a car dealership.

"How long are you planning to do that before ratting her out to Juyoung?"

He did not seem too amused by my question, probably too preoccupied by trying to hold Hyewon in place by her elbows, which seemed to battle relentlessly against his grip.

I was glad to see that Jeonghan wasn't too out of it, as I still wasn't sure I could trust him around Hyewon alone yet.

Of course I felt responsible for protecting her. I had grown up with her brother as my best friend, so she basically felt like my little sister.

That's exactly why I tried to make it a priority to keep an eye on the two of them throughout the party. It wasn't too much effort to convince Haru, as she didn't deal well with big crowds, and mostly wanted to stick by my side.

"Heeey, Yeoonjun?"

Hyewon drawled out, relaxing a little in Jeonghan's arms.

"Yes, Wonnie?"

I had a greatly amused smile on my face, already excited for whatever funny things she would say.

She appeared to be close to saying something, but interrupted herself with a horrified look at the red and white plastic cup in my hand.

"Why are you drinking alcoholl?! The liddle.. Yeonjun would neeever drink.. eeever!"

I glanced down at my cup, chcukling softly and shoving my free hand deep in the pocket of my hoodie.

"You're right, Won, I sh-"

I cut myself off when I felt an arm snake around my waist softly, and I looked down to see Haru's soft smile looking back up at me. I grinnned at her and brought my hand out of my pocket to gently pull her closer by her shoulders.

What really surprised me was the way I saw Hyewon glare at Haru the second I brought my gaze up from her. Jeonghan's expression suddenly went from mildly amused to nervous and on edge.

"Hey, you're Hyewon, right?"

Haru spoke kindly to Hyewon, and I could hear the gentle smile in her voice, giving me a small sense of butterflies and a smile of my own. The icy look in Hyewon's eyes didn't change, and probably even got worse after Haru's words.

"I'm Haru. I've heard a lot from Yeonjun about you."

She held her hand out to Hyewon, and I felt a sense of pride in my girlfriend. She wasn't normally the type to speak to people first, and I had heard her say on multiple occasions how she felt a little intimidated by Hyewon.