✧ 18

It was almost impossible for me to think that I used to be creeped out by Jeonghan, I found myself realising as we walked to the arcade together in light, cheerful conversation

If anything, he could have easily been registered as possibly one of the most friendly people I've ever met. He was super easy to talk to, genuine and caring, and overall had a comfortable presence to be around.

It was a warm, sunny day outside, but the calm and soothing breeze eliminated any discomfort the sun might have caused.

Or it was just his smile that seemed to brighten anything in my vision. His happiness was just as much aesthetically pleasing as it was contagious. I couldn't help but feel my spirits being lifted greatly as I spent time with him.

"Okay, gun to your head, which of the teachers would you marry?"

I let out a light chuckle before answering quickly, not looking away from him.

"Mister Shim."

Jeonghan laughed out loudly, further stretching my grin across my face.

"Mister Shim the janitor? Isn't he like fifty?"

"He seems like he'd help around the house. Pure husband material."

At this point, Jeonghan was clutching his stomach as he let out helpless fits of laughter, and I was sure I even saw a tear sparkle in the corner of his eye. Something about this sight made my heart swell with a bright yellow sense of fulfillment.

"You... can't be serious..."

"I'm dead serious."

I tried to hold a serious face when I said this, but I couldn't manage to force it for any longer than two seconds, an uncontrollable grin pulling itself across my lips, feelable even in my eyes.

"Okay, now you. Gun to your head."

Jeonghan slowly managed to dilute his laughter to occasional giggles over the span of about ten seconds, using his index finger to swipe across the lower lids of his eyes.

"Hm... I'd have to say.. Mister Shim."

=

So we went to the arcade together, and we had a blast. If you had asked me what we did there, I would have said just that.

We were in what felt like an endless cycle of old-school videogames and token-consuming machines, but nothing about it felt unfulfilling or anything short of a beautifully exhiliarating experience.

But in the midst of children's laughter mixed with my own, Jeonghan stayed with me the whole time, making sure I was enjoying myself. He was being so caring that I almost felt guilty about it, but he also seemed to be just as happy to be there as I.

The two of us ended up spending four hours there, only realising how mcuh time had passed when we noticed the streetlights were on outside, where the sky was already losing its warn pigmentation, replaced by indigo shades and a few sparkling specks.