✧ 23

Third-person POV:

Third-person POV:

"Do you think it's true?"

Eunji asked with a hushed voice, her head leaned forward as she eyed Hyewon at the table across the cafeteria. Semi and Goeun mimicked her actions, keeping the circle tight and quiet between the three of them.

Semi turned her head and momentarily scanned her eyes over the girl who now sat with her brother and his friends, as if trying to deduce her answer from the girl's mere appearance.

"But.. aren't the anorexics supposed to be super depressed or something? She's always being all smiley and whatever with that orange-haired nerd."

Goeun shook her head.

"My cousin had anorexia, and his skin got all weird and his hair dried up and fell out a lot."

Eunji hummed in agreement, scowling slightly as she glanced over to Hyewon again.

"I bet she's just faking it to get people to feel sorry for her."

A judgemental tone of agreement buzzed around the table.

"I mean, she's not even that skinny. She's only just skinnier than Haru, and she didn't get any ED rumours."

Semi's brows knitted together as she rested her head on her propped up hand, her train of thought taking a different track at Eunji's words.

"By the way, I heard that she and Yeonjun broke up."

"Really? I thought they were really cute together."

Semi shook her head.

"It was all an act. Jiseul told me it was because he's in love with Hyewon."

"After the confession? That slut really just stole him from Haru like that."

"I thought she was dating Jeonghan."

"She probably has more guys on her plate."

=

Hyewon POV:

I could basically feel my skin crawling with the feeling of anxiety that pumped through my veins, almost certain that everyone in the cafeteria was talking about what happened yesterday.

Whether people were talking about their own thing or about me, it all sounded the same to me, so even accidental glances were interpreted as a sign that I was the topic of their chatter.

Even as I stuck close to Jeonghan's side, his - although helpful - presence wasn't enough to comfort me completely.

Taking a deep breath, I tried to focus on the light conversation around the table I sat at instead of the sinister-sounding chatter that resonated all around me. This new shift of focus brought it to my attention that Haru and her friend were no longer present there, Yeonjun's other side now occupied by an empty seat.

Slight curiosity piqued in my mind, definitely not disappointed at their lack of presence, more wondering of their newly established change of whereabouts.

My wandering eyes slowly found Jeonghan's face, and I allowed myself to look at him for a little while, a small smile gradually grew across my face, pinching my cheeks gently.

The anxiety about what everyone else might have been saying about me melted away like ice on a stove, nothing else seeming to matter more than me being right there with him in that moment. Everyone else seemed to fade away into the background.

=

Jeonghan POV:

"Jeonghan?"

Hyewon's voice rung out clearly, making many surrounding people either quiet down or stop talking altogether. Her tone sounded announcing, lighting an instant interest in anything that she might have had to say.

I was a little startled by this, my ears turning slightly red from the sudden shift of attention onto the two of us.

I turned to face her with a small embarrassed smile on my face, noticing how she seemed unfazed by the additional eyes on her.

"Yeah?"

"I like you. Let's date after the final exams."

Hyewon spoked with such a confidently nonchalant tone to me, I was momentarily convinced that I had completely lost it and developed schizophrenia. The glimmer in her eyes and genuine grin was what brought my senses back, coaxing an embarrassing amount of deep red pigmentation out of my face, spreading from my ears across my cheeks and seeping throughout the remaining space on my demeanour.

A stone seemed to rise in my throat, preventing me from saying anything; and even a little from breathing. My lips fell apart in surprise, not having expected her to say anything like this at all.

Wide-eyed and full of feelings, I didn't even notice how many people were staring anymore, and my lips slowly pulled into a grin matching Hyewon's as I nodded my head gently.

"Okay... I'd.. like that."

I couldn't even hear myself speak, my senses overwhelmed by the heat that cranked up after my words, the sound of blood rushing monstrously fast in my ears, and my sights being full of the amazing girl in front of me as her grin grew.

She nodded certainly and closed her mouth, a gentle blush dusting on her cheeks as her ees seemed to glitter even more.

"Good. I look forward to it."

I stared into her eyes deeply, completely captivated by the moment I was experiencing. I felt like I was walking on pure light, unbelieving of the situation I was in; beside Lim Hyewon, as she looked lovingly at me after confessing to me.

No matter how unbothered she seemed by it, it meant so much more to me than I let on.

I almost didn't notice the fiery stare I was receiving from Yeonjun.

hyehan almost officiall 😍
what should happen next??

a vote is highly appreciated <33