✧ 13

"Come onn! Just tell me!"

I whined like a child, only further amusing him as he chuckled lightly at me. His smile fell slightly as he leaned a little closer to me.

"You confessed that you've had a crush on him since you guys were little, in front of his girlfriend."

My heart dropped at the realisation that all of my worst case scenario assumptions were all true. Jeonghan's expression seemed to grow more amused yet when he saw the sheer horror on my face. 

I had confessed my feelings to Yeonjun. In front of his girlfriend.

My hands went up to my hair and grasped it in despair, a groan of disappointment and major regret leaving my lips.

"Ugh... I should have just listened to Juyoung..."

My eyes suddenly went wide and I stared seriously at Jeonghan.

"Jeonghan, I need you to promise that you don't tell anyone."

He tilted his head and looked at me, smirking lightly at my commanding request.

"Promise? Why?"

I rolled my eyes and wondered just how he managed to get so popular so quickly with such little social skills.

"Yeonjun has a girlfriend. If people hear that I confessed to him, they'll call me attention-seeking and think I like to go after guys in relationships."

I crossed my arms in front of me and bit my lip unconsciously, looking ahead of me with a slow growing mass of terror in the pit of my stomach. Jeonghan's eyes narrowed a little, as if he was actually thinking about it.

After a few moments of silence, Jeonghan finally spoke.

"Okay. I won't tell anyone."

He seemed pretty proud of his conclusion, a grin of satisfaction playing on his lips as he spoke. I raised one eyebrow at him, not hiding my grateful smile.

"That includes Juyoung. He'd freak if he knew I liked Yeonjun for that long."

Jeonghan chuckled slightly and shifted his weight to one leg as he mindlessly ran his hand through his hair.

"Why would he get so upset? Is he the kind of overprotective older brother that doesn't allow you to have a boyfriend?"

"HE WAS BORN TWEN- I guess he kind of is."

I sighed, lowering my gaze from him.

"He doesn't allow me to flirt with any guys, and doesn't allow guys to flirt with me. Well, except for Yeonjun. I think it's because he trusts him the most...

"So that's exactly why he should never know. It might affect their relationship and I don't want to take any chances."

Jeonghan nodded his head, seeming to understand what I was saying to him. A smile grew on his face when I was finished speaking.

"You should've said that reason first. It's more wholesome."

"Oh, shut up."

I chuckled as I looked at Jeonghan, hoping the look in my eyes expressed my gratitude as much as my words would never. He seemed to receive the message, and smiled warmly at me.

"Well, we better get going. It stinks in here."

Jeonghan agreed and we both started to leave the alley, before he stopped me abruptly with a hand on my arm.

"Don't you think we should leave separately, just to be safe?"

I thought about it for a moment before nodding my head.

"Good call, no-"

Before I could finish, Jeonghan had already dashed out of the alleyway with a mischievous grin on his face, waving cockily at me.

"Have fun!"

He called out jeeringly. I looked around sulkily at the trash bags and unrecognisable gunk that surrounded me, mentally cursing Jeonghan.

=

Even though I had managed to convince Jeonghan to keep my confession a secret, I still couldn't convince myself that Yeonjun and his girlfriend would do the same. In fact, Yeonjun's girlfriend would probably go out of her way to embarrass me about it, just to get back at me for being in love with her boyfriend.

It was killing me out of the edge I was being put on constantly, and I found myself wishing she would just shout it out to the whole school just to end my suffering.

Jaemi was, of course, incredibly supportive and present at this time, assuring me that nothing would go wrong and my embarrassing encounter was in the past for everyone.

However, I was completely wrong.

tell me your thoughtss :D

a vote is highly appreciated <33

~ p.s : sorry the update is so late and so short 🙏 i'm kinda feeling disconnected atm and writer's block is a bummer :[ i promise i'll get back into it and be more consistent in the future ^^~ love you guys sm ♥ stay cute and healthy and stan stray kids for clear skin ;)