✧ 12

It was ironic, really, how my position switched with Jeonghan so quickly, my eyes now following him whenever they caught sight of him, desperate to speak to him

I needed to talk to him about what happened at the party, knowing that he was the only person I could ask. Unfortunately, it hadn't been long enough for the rumours to die out completely, so I couldn't even risk talking to him in public for too long.

Sure, I was telling myself that Yeonjun was old news now, and he wasn't worth my attention or care, but the curiosity still nagged at my brain, in utter need of finding out what I had said to Yeonjun that night.

"I thought you weren't interested."

Jaemi's voice suddenly caught me off guard, even making me jump a little as I heard her just beside my ear. I looked at her and jutted my lip out dramatically, my shoulders slumping.

"I need to talk to him about what happened on Friday. It's killing me!"

I lay back on the bleachers, shielding my eyes from the sun with one hand hooded protectively at my brow. Jaemi tsked sympathetically, laying down beside me and mimicking my actions.

She and I had decided to come here during lunch break instead of the cafeteria, after giving some excuse about helping a teacher to Semi. I felt bad about feeling the need to hide my friendship with Jaemi from people, but she seemed to understand.

"What are you planning to do about it?"

She asked, sitting up and looking over to the basketball court where Jeonghan, Juyoung and a few other guys were playing. I sighed and closed my eyes, dropping my hand to my side.

"I don't know. Wait for fate to send me a moment where I can speak to him without getting trampled for it."

The second the words left my mouth, I opened my eyes quickly, realising what I had just said, and receiving a deadly glare from the sun. Jaemi turned her head, looking concernedly at me with her bright hair casting a tangerine glow around her as the sun shone through it.

"Another rumour? Why am I only hearing about this now?"

I felt my face contort from the feeling of guilt poking in my chest, and my hand returned to it's previous post of protecting my eyesight.

"I forgot to tell you last week... you had your Math Olympiad and I didn't want to worry you."

Her eyes grew larger yet behind her glasses, and her body shifted position to face me fully.

"Last week? I've been back for three days already!"

I shrugged, putting on a sheepish grin.

"I'm sorry... Forgive me for a kiss?"

I puckered my lips out excessively, closing my eyes and leaning forward dramatically. Jaemi's face scrunched up in fake disgust and mild amusement, leaning away from me.

"Ew~ I thought you only liked Jack Frost!"

My expression instantly changed to that of embarrassment and I playfully hit her arm, looking around to see if anyone heard. The pain in Jaemi's arm was easily overruled by the sheer happiness she got from seeing my red face and panicked demeanour.

"Don't say that so loud! I have an image to maintain!"

She looked over at the basketball court, where the guys were still playing basketball.

"Hey, Juyoung?"

Jaemi yelled out, instantly catching the attention from my brother. He smiled and stopped running, visibly panting.

"Yeah, Jae?"

"Did you know that Hyewon has a crush?"

Juyoung looked at me with a raised brow and an amused look on his face. I looked over desperately at Jaemi, trusting her not to expose me, but still cautious.

"Jack Frost, you mean? Never shuts up about him!"

"Hey!"

I shouted annoyedly at Juyoung, knowing he was exaggerating it with the pure intention of embarrassing me. Jaemi watched the two of us with a gleeful look on her face.

"It was once that I said it! Why won't you let it go?"

Juyoung and his friends were laughing along with Jaemi, finding my pitiful situation painfully entertaining. Jaemi looked like she was about to bust a lung, her one hand covering her laugh and the other one hitting her thigh as her body rocked back and forth in silent laughter.

I stared at her threateningly, part of me finding it rejuvenating to see her in such good spirits.

"You're dead."

"I'm already dying!"

I barely managed to make out between her helpless fits of laughter, and I playfully hit her arm once again.

=

"Was it really necessary to drag me into an alley?"

"Just shut up and listen, okay?"

Jeonghan smirked amusedly as he looked at me.

Yes, I had gone to the measures of forcing him into an alley after school so he could tell me about what I said to Yeonjun on Friday. He seemed a lot less surprised than someone with his amount of context usually should, which I was mostly grateful for.

However, this particular alley wasn't as nice-smelling or clean as I would have hoped, so I didn't want to prolong our conversation

After one final check that no one was listening, I leaned in a little closer and lowered my voice to speak to Jeonghan.

"What did I say to Yeonjun on Friday?"

For a moment, he looked as if he was actually thinking about it, but when the glint of remembrance flashed in his eyes, his lips curled annoyingly into an entertained grin.

"Oh, that..."

Jeonghan's eyes bore into mine, his smug smile not leaving his face. He seemed to enjoy watching my eyes assess his features carefully, desperately trying to decipher what he meant.

"Well? What did I say?"

He shrugged nonchalantly at my distressed tone, looking away from my eyes when he replied.

"I'm not sure I remember. I wouldn't know what you're talking about unless it was... super embarrassing."

I was enjoying nothing about his playfulness about the situation. He had no idea just how important this was for me.

"Come onn! Just tell me!"

I whined like a child, only further amusing him as he chuckled lightly at me. His smile fell slightly as he leaned a little closer to me.

"You confessed that you've had a crush on him since you guys were little, in front of his girlfriend."

this is why we don't drink ;)what did you think??

what did you think??

a vote is highly appreciated <33