✧ 19

"So what were you guys doing?"

Juyoung asked the two as soon as they walked in, startling them slightly from the sudden realisation that they suddenly had all the attention in the room. His tone was a little too teasing for my personal preference, but it still did something to embarrass them slightly.

Jeonghan and Hyewon exchanged glances before they looked back at Juyoung, irritating me even more.

I knew that if Jeonghan's attention was on me, he would see the sharp and protective glares I was sending him, but some strange part of me seemed to want him to see them.

"We went to the arcade after school.."

"Just you two?"

I asked, not trying that hard to hide the hostility in my voice as I tilted my head suspiciously at the two of them, my eyes boring into Jeonghan's. Slight surprise flashed in his eyes, bringing it to my attention that he had easily picked up on my venomous mannerisms.

And who could blame his surprise? I would never consider myself the rude or passive aggressive type, but it was different now, because I needed to protect Hyewon.

She was like my little sister, after all.

"Yeah, what about it?"

My eyes quickly darted back to Hyewon, slightly shocked at the irritation evident in her tone.

I couldn't notice any active anger in her stare, but she stared back at me with eyes full of intention that didn't seem friendly at all.

Why can't she see that Jeonghan isn't good for her?

My sharp glare instantly fell away when Hyewon's cold words reached my ears, a swirl of confusion and slight despair storming around my head.

"It's... I didn't mean it like that..."

My tone was a lot softer now, traced with guilt and shame. I was making myself look like a jerk; the one thing I could confidently say I would never do.

Hyewon just shook her head a little and walked off, a quiet sigh leaving her lips as she did so.

=

Hyewon POV:

What's his problem?

I left the living room in a low huff, my mind flooded with confusion about why Yeonjun was acting so strangely.

He and Jeonghan are good friends, so why did he seem so upset with him from the second he walked in?

Although Yeonjun had almost no reason to, the only reason I could manage to come up with was that he could have been jealous.

I was trying to force myself to think otherwise, but all his actions seemed to only be justifiable by the evergrowing disease of jealousy.

But why would he be jealous? He has a girlfriend?

It was far too overwhelming for me to allow myself to think about for too long, so I managed to force myself to push the confusing thoughts out of my mind, replacing them with the light mood of that day's earlier events.

By the time I had reached the door of my room, the disheartened scowl on my face had been exchanged with a small smile.

I had had a fun and exhilarating time with Jeonghan today, and I wasn't going to let it get ruined by Yeonjun simply being in a bad mood about something. He was the reason my heart ached for a while, and now he was acting like he cared.

I wasn't going to let all my hard work of healing go to waste.

I was going to pursue someone else instead.

sorry it's short but yk i love you <3what do you want to happen next??

what do you want to happen next??

a vote is highly appreciated <33