Chapter 59

The forest ahead stands silent and mystical in the fading light of the evening. I stare into its depths, lost in my thoughts, contemplating the magnitude of the rift between Sesshomaru and me. The haunting memories of our very few past encounters replay in my mind, adding to the weight of the present situation.

Athanasia's voice breaks through my reverie, "If he doesn't want to be found, it won't be easy."

I nod in acknowledgement, realizing the difficulty of the task ahead. "I know, but I can't let things remain like this. I need to find him, understand why he's so angry, and try to mend whatever has been broken."

"Where do you think we can start?" I ask, feeling at a loss.

'Let me try to locate his aura first and see from there,' Athanasia suggests and I oblige to switching with her.

She doesn't waste time in switching places with me, and Athanasia swiftly ascends to a vantage point. I look through her eyes, hoping to find his distinctive purplish golden aura. However, after nearly an hour of looking through her eyes, we dont find anything remotely close to Sesshomaru. Therefore, we disapointedly land.

'He is going to make it harder on us,' Athanasia remarks with evident irritation. I know how annoyed she is by the idea of going after someone, but I have no other choice. I hate to have Sesshomaru feel any kind of resentment towards me. 

It will destroy me if I'm the one who breaks his heart in this timeline.

Kagura didn't have a choice because she was forced to die so it was inevitable for Sesshomaru to be heartbroken by her, but what about me? I have no excuse. I went after Inuyasha upon choice. I know I had an obligation to look after him, but that's something Sesshomaru shouldn't be worrying about.

I sigh and massage my temples, realizing drowning in thoughts won't be of help to me.

"Let's strategize. Where could Sesshomaru possibly be?" I query, attempting to methodically consider our options.

'He possesses a formidable sword, eliminating the pursuit of a powerful demon to forge into a weapon. Additionally, his powers are unlocked, rendering the search for a worthy opponent unnecessary since none can match him-'

Damn it.

'Why did you suddenly curse!' She interrupts herself, her worry palpable.

Sesshomaru's only worthy opponents are the Gods, and the only Gods who are clearly not on our side, are the northern gods.

'He won't seek them, will he?' She anxiously posits, atone unfamiliar with her usual demeanour. She doesn't fear the Eastern Gods nor the Southern Gods, only the Northern Gods are her archenemies.

I take a deep breath, considering Athanasia's words carefully. The idea of Sesshomaru seeking the Northern Gods is unsettling, but it might be the only lead we have.

"He might," I reply, my voice filled with a sense of urgency. "The Northern Gods are powerful, and he might seek them. We have to at least check."

'No,' she firmly rebuffs, insisting, ' Let's meet the triads first and ask for their assistance. If they won't be able to help, we can then go to the northern land.'

I hum in agreement, cognizant that she is merely postponing the inevitable encounter with the Northern Gods.

Apparently, she spotted Shiva from earlier, and so we decided to go meet him. During our journey to him, of course, Athanasia didn't like the idea of flying so we had to walk the damn distance. I don't understand why she is making it harder on me or actually on both of us. Don't we share the same body?