Chapter 21

I hear birds chirp nearby, which makes me slowly open my eyes. I sense Ah-Un shifting behind me, so I realize I have been leaning on it. I move away from it that's when I accidentally glance at my attire, only to panic and blush. When did I change into this kimono? Didn't I decline it yesterday? I frown at the thought, but a wilder image suddenly comes to mind. No way had Sesshomaru changed me in it. I get carried away by imagining him changing my outfit until I hear a loud laugh echo in my head.

'You are so pathetic. It was I who changed you,' Athanasia says, making me relax again.

'You seriously need to stop doing things without asking me first,' I say in an irritated tone.

'But your lousy school uniform was torn. Would've you found it better to walk around looking like a homeless person!' Athanasia exclaims, shocking me, so I brush the idea off with a defeated sigh.

'Anyway, are you all better? You suddenly went MIA midair yesterday,' I genuinely ask, recalling the incident.

'Ah, I'm all good. No need to worry. Now focus! We are at Musubi Mountain. This place is filled to the brim with spiritual energy, so I won't be able to talk much since there are multiple dormant Gods here,' She says. I widen my eyes as I listen carefully, knowing well enough that she won't be able to protect me or provide me with information; the moment I step inside that barrier.

Damn, Rion must be inside too, but this isn't the time to distract myself. Rion will have to wait.

'At the bottom of the mountain, you will meet two twin members of the coven. Do not mention my name. They already know from your looks. Ask them to help us merge our souls with the ones in the future. That's when I will pull us there,' Athanasia continues with a firm tone, leaving me to hum, and I feel her presence slowly fading.

I fist my hand at the realization of leaving this place so soon without accomplishing much. Damn it. I reach out to the dangling earring as I whisper, recalling the promise I made to the children, "I shouldn't have accepted them."

"You finally woke up," I hear Sesshomaru remark from behind me, so I let go of the earring and turn to him.

"Before we pass this barrier, may you allow me to ask two favours from you?" I say, hoping he won't let me down.

"Speak," He says. He probably knows there is a high chance this is the last time we see each other. How generous of him!

"For Totosia to forge your sword, he'll need some of your blood, so don't forget to stop by and give him some," I say and pause, hearing him hum in acceptance, so I proceed, "In nearly 100 years from now, four war Gods will demolish Horai Island. If you aren't interested in protecting the people living there, entrust this wish of mine to your father."

Sesshomaru doesn't give me an answer and walks past me to go through the barrier, so I merely follow him after glancing at Ah-Un that doesn't follow us and decides to just stay where I left it. As I pass through the other side of the barrier, I halt and look around, seeing a shrine at a short distance, so I walk towards it. Two statues of old women holding a spherical crystal each are at the entrance. I carefully get closer to the statues, and before touching one of them, I see their eyes moving, so I quickly take a step back in fright.

"The lady is here, sis," The right statue giggles as it starts to take a human form.

"But the lady shouldn't be here, sis," The left statue frowns as it starts to take a human form, as well.

You will meet two twin members of the coven.

Are they the twin sisters Athanasia was telling me about? But they look like manic demons, and they are old hags. How are they going to help us?