Chapter 55

My mind races, thoughts swirling in chaos as I grapple with the surreal events unfolding before me. The room shimmers with otherworldly energy, the air charged with inexplicable magic. Inuyasha and I both recoil from the Shikon Jewel, allowing it to bounce on the floor and roll away. I'm momentarily frozen, unable to decipher what my eyes witness – the three-year-old child is no longer a child.

"Zuri," Inuyasha calls my name, his voice unfamiliar and thickened over a few minutes.

"Athanasia! I'm about to lose my mind. What is happening?" I stammer, my voice a mix of disbelief and concern. Though I suspect what's happening, I push that unsettling thought away.

'Seven years went by in a minute,' Athanasia confirms my doubts, escalating my panic.

'He aged,' Athanasia continues to shock me with her thoughts.

Seven years is a significant span. Inuyasha must be ten now, and I should be nearing thirty. I stumble towards the mirror, scrutinizing my features for any changes. Thirty isn't that old to notice differences, right?

'You will never age, dear Zuri. You stopped ageing the day you hit eighteen.'

I gulp, ignoring Athanasia, and rush towards the confused Inuyasha, demanding, "Bring me back to seven years earlier from now." His confused expression remains, so I huff and force the Shikon Jewel towards him. "Here you go," I wait for him to take it, but he steps back in fear.

"I don't know how," He says.

I narrow my eyes, noticing the Meido Stone still around his neck. "Lady Inukimi gave you back the Meido Stone, which means you can control your powers now," I say, confusion in my voice, and rejection in my thoughts.

"She never took it away!" Inuyasha's response halts me.

What does he mean, she never took it away? Sesshomaru would never allow that. There must be some error. Overthinking, I feel on the brink of losing my mind.

I extend my hand, ordering Inuyasha, "Hand over the Meido Stone."

Inuyasha tightens his grip. "No, you promised me you'd never ask me to give it away."

I tilt my head, asking, "What are you talking about? And when was that?"

Inuyasha's eyes flicker with determination and uncertainty. "Six years ago after my mother's incident. Plus, I can't just hand it over; it's the only thing that keeps my mind intact," He explains, his grip unwavering.

I furrow my brow, struggling to recall that moment. The events surrounding Izayoi don't exist in my memories, as if those seven years never happened. If my body lived those years, why hasn't my brain? The weight of responsibility settles on my shoulders; Inuyasha, as extreme as his ability is, deserves peace.

I hope that's the main purpose of the gift Inukimi gave Sesshomaru, as well.

Sesshomaru!

SESSHOMARU-

Seven years have passed, and I'm clueless about the changes that happened to Sesshomaru. Here I am, worried about myself, forgetting about my relationship with Sesshomaru. I take a step towards the door but immediately halt, hearing, 'Why is it just Sesshomaru you are worried about? What about your relationship with Toga?'

I freeze, heart pounding as Athanasia's words echo. Toga, how could I forget him?

Overwhelmed by thoughts, I sink onto a nearby chair, grappling with the realization that time might have altered more than appearances. The intricacies of relationships may have shifted in ways I can't comprehend.

What if things escalated with Toga, going to the next level- I cut my thoughts short, stopping the nonsense. The only thing I need to think about is how I have no recollection of the past seven years and figure out my relationship with Sesshomaru.

I get up, grab the Shikon Jewel, and furrow my brows at Inuyasha, saying in a warning tone, "You are banned from touching the Shikon Jewel."

I toss it into a drawer inside my wardrobe and rush towards the balcony after making sure Inuyasha has left. I click my tongue as I climb onto the edge, hoping Athanasia will just fly us to where the bone-eater will. However, the strong wind blinds me, and I see Sesshomaru standing with his arms crossed.

"How many times have you tried now?" Sesshomaru mocks, making me tilt my head in confusion.

Is he making a joke?

"What if I succeed this time?" I suggest, playing along.

I hear him tsk and say, "She'd rather see you break your bones like always."

I get triggered by his words and decide to try it. I gaze at him before letting myself go off the balcony. I sigh mid-air as I near the ground. Unexpectedly, Sesshomaru catches me. I blush at our intimate proximity, realizing he hadn't let go immediately after catching me.

"I warned you," He mocks, this time with a smile that fills me with guilt.

My heart breaks, and I decide to test something. I slowly bring my face close to his, attempting a kiss which he doesn't seem fazed by. This is unfair to him. It's so unfair. I land my forehead on his shoulder, avoiding the kiss while whispering in defeat, "I don't remember."

"What is it that you don't remember?" He asks in the same tone as I.

Sesshomaru's question hangs in the air, the weight of it pressing on my chest. The wind rustles through his silver hair as he releases a sigh, his demeanor shifting from mockery to a more serious tone.

Carefully, Sesshomaru puts me down. I take a moment, trying to organize the chaotic thoughts in my mind. "I don't remember the past seven years. It's as if they never happened for me," I confess, my voice tinged with frustration and confusion. "Inuyasha accidentally tampered with time when he touched the Shikon Jewel, and I got sucked into it. Somehow, he remembers everything while I don't."

Sesshomaru's gaze remains steady, his eyes searching mine for any sign of deception. After a brief moment, his expressive face returns to its normal stoic state. He turns on his heels to leave, but I quickly grab his wrist, stopping him. "Where are you going?"

"To where we left everything off seven years ago," He harshly says and glances at me from the corner of his eyes.

"At nothing."

▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬

Happy New Year guys

Hope everyone has written down 2024 goals

See you later 🍬

-👑 Noorie