Chapter 10

"It's the first lady's voice. She graces us with her singing from time to time," says the guard with a loving smile. This world confuses me. To be precise, Inukimi confuses me, she has nothing in common with the character portrayed in the anime and manga. She sings, and she was the one to make the peace treaty. God knows what more she did do or can do.

I get back to my room, sit on the chair I use as my bed, and drift into sleep while listening to Inukimi's voice, knowing well enough that Sesshomaru is just reacting to his mother's voice, nothing to worry about. May that be a motivation for you to wake up. However, the next day comes, and he still sleeps. I wake up daily in the hope to find the bed empty because it will mean he has woken up and is somewhere doing something like he normally does, but days pass, and he still takes comfort in the bed I used once.

10 days after the incident, I drift into sleep while again listening to Inukimi's voice that didn't for once skip a day during the past 10 days. In my sleep, I wonder what went wrong for Sesshomaru to take this long to recover. Did the manga skip days when he was recovering from the wound Inuyasha gave him with Tessiaga?

As worry and anxiety overwhelm me, I feel tears rolling down my eyes so as I open my eyes to get rid of the nuisance tears, I see Sesshomaru sitting in front of me. I quickly look up at him and forget all about the tears then hurridly get up, the words get stuck in my throat. What do I say to him? Are you fine? Do you need anything? You need to rest more! 

"Took you so long," I say instead of all the phrases that came to my mind, which for some reason makes him snicker, but suddenly stops when he makes eye contact with me and just decides to stare. "What?" I ask and avert my eyes. "Is there something on my face?" I annoyingly say and cross my arm.

"Why are you shedding those tears?" He gently asks so I quickly rub away my tears with my hands and negate his words. "Did perhaps something happen to Father?" He continues to ask probably needing a reasonable answer to his first question which I don't want to answer.

"It's some stupid human emotion called worrying, something you don't need to bother yourself with," I fake a smile and head to the door in an attempt to leave to avoid unnecessary questions cause damn this man is clueless.

A strong breeze stops me from opening the door so I look back to find an empty bed. He must have left to his room. I sigh and climb the warm bed that still carries Sesshomaru's scent and lay down to sleep.

As I drift to sleep, I realize that Inukimi stopped singing. Seems like the connection between Inukimi and Sesshomaru is stronger than what history claims. Can't believe I actually think that the Anime Inuyasha is history and not just pure imagination.

The following day, I open my eyes and place my hand on my face to avoid the sun then slightly roll on the huge bed. It's been days since I slept in the comfort of a bed. My back and neck were suffering from stiffness. After cracking a few bones, I get off the bed and grab a quick snack from the tray which for some reason never gets empty. Toga loves spoiling those around him. I love that man, but I love Sesshomaru more.

I giggle at my own thought and decide to look for Sesshomaru. I jump off the window and onto Ah-Un smoothly. I'm used to Ah-Un now. He is really loyal and is harmless for a two-headed dragon. I pat him and fly off above the woods to find the lost dog Yokai. I hum a few songs until I find Sesshomaru standing in the middle of the woods doing nothing so I gently tell Ah-Un to land.

"Sesshomaru," I call his name and carefully approach him. What is wrong with him? I observe his posture for a moment, realizing he is standing like a statue, and his eyes are pitch red as if he was amidst transforming but stopped mid-way without fully turning so I quickly run to Ah-Un.

"Bring your lord immediately," I order him, and he flies off while I stay with Sesshomaru afraid something might happen to him if I leave him in that state. Again I approach Sesshomaru and hope for him to hear my words. "How long have you been like this?" I ask, but he gives me no answer, not even a head shake, indicating he heard my words.

I get a little close to him and raise my hand to push away his bangs so I can see his eyes clearer. However, in the next second, I see him raising his claws at me ready to slash me with them and before my mind can comprehend the speed, someone pulls me out of Sesshomaru's way.

"Are you out of your wits, human?" Inu no Taishou yells at me, leaving me to wonder about the reason behind his harsh words. "This is not Sesshomaru," he continues and sighs to gather his thoughts.

"What do you mean by that's not Sesshomaru?" I inquire unable to understand his cryptic words.

"Sesshomaru is comatose, and his demon is the one you are seeing right now so don't approach him else he'll attack you," he explains, and I nod then I watch him as he approaches Sesshomaru. However, unlike earlier, Sesshomaru doesn't negatively react to feeling his father's presence. Surely his demon knows who his father is.

"Wake up son," Toga says and instantly Sesshomaru's drenched eyes turn back to normal. "You better not be walking around while still recovering," Toga warns Sesshomaru who nods and makes quick eye contact with me which only lasts a second before he averts his eyes away from me. "Call for me when you need anything," Inu no Taisho tells me with a smile and gently places his big hand on my head then flies off. 

I look down and wait for Sesshomaru to leave as well like he usually does, but he stays there. A strong breeze hits us, filling in the silence between us. "Did I cause you any harm?" Sesshomaru fills the silence with his unexpected words. I clench my fists and shake my head. Yes, physically you didn't harm me, but you mentally hurt me. I was scared to see you like that. What if someone tried to hurt you? What if your demon wasn't strong enough to protect you? What if-

"You seem upset," he remarks.

"Yeah, another stupid human emotion," I say with my head still focusing on his feet.

 "It's not stupid to feel upset."

I snort and turn to walk away as I whisper to myself, "Stupid dog demon." I head to Ah-Un, and as I climb on him and hold onto the bridle, Sesshomaru darts in front of Ah-Un. 

"In what way?" he asks, making me tilt my head in confusion.

"What do you mean?" I ask back.

"I heard you-"

"And I have no obligation to explain anything to you," I say, cutting him off, and I fly off as I realize what his words mean. He seriously wants me to tell him why he is stupid. Huh! He is stupid because he is blind. The first thing I did when I opened my eyes was think about him, so can't he see that as something? Does he really have no recollection of comprehending emotions? But he loved Rin and Kagura which means he does know the meaning of caring for another being.  

I reach my room and stand in front of the mirror, proceeding with my thoughts. I came to this time unexpectedly, but surely there is a purpose for my arrival here. I don't know what that might be but maybe it's a sign telling me that I have a chance with Sesshomaru, it's not like I can live forever. I am neither a demon nor a half-demon, just a mere human who will perish from his memory once I die which is probably in 60 years if I am lucky. Not like I'm going to stay here for that long anyway.

I sigh and run my fingers on my neck, reminiscing the moment Sesshomaru almost attacked me. I know he didn't mean to hurt me. What if Toga wasn't there at the right moment to pull me out? Would he really scratch me? 

But- 

Would it be a simple scratch or a deadly scar? 

▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬

Don't bash me, but I forgot today is Saturday and almost didn't publish 😅 I was too immersed in writing that I forgot what day it is.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter 😉

See you later 🍬

-👑 Noorie.