Ch. 34

"Welcome back, Mr. Stump." Pete welcomed me with his teacher voice as I walked into class.

"Due to unfortunate luck..." Pete paused and glared at Travie, Joe, and Gerard who sat there like they knew nothing. "Kevin will not be joining us any time soon."

Pete came that morning to drop Tia off and pick Brendon and I up.

I sat there in my seat until the bell rang, doodling.

As soon as the bell rang, I stood and watched everyone clear out of the room.

Once everyone, but Brendon, was out, Pete looked at me. "You ready to get the bandages off?" He asked.

I still had the bandages on my head. I nodded.

"Brendon, do you wanna go? Come hang out with us?" He asked.

Brendon shrugged. "Sure..."

"Okay." Pete smiled.

-At.The.Hospital-

"I forgot to ask you yesterday, Mr. Stumph..." The doctor said, making me flinch. That's not how my name is pronounced. "Have you had any sexual contact of any sort?" The doctor asked.

I nodded. "But not since I came here..." I said.

The doctor nodded. "Are you still sexually active?" I was so glad the other two were out in the lobby.

"Yes." I said.

"Okay, well I need you to not be... For at least a couple months."

"Okay." I said.

"Alright, we got the bandages off. You are free to go, Mr. Stumph." The doctor smiled at me.

I smiled back and stood before walking out.

Pete was the first to notice me.

Brendon was playing on his phone, most likely games since his parents shut his line off.

"Ready?" Pete asked.

I nodded.

"Cool... Let's get Brendon home, and then go hang out..." He said.

"Okay," I said, taking Pete's hand.

We walked out to Pete's car, Brendon blocking our intertwined fingers from other peoples views.

After dropping Brendon off, we went back to Pete's place where we made pizza, and cuddled on the couch, watching TMNT.

He kissed me cheek and tightened his grip on me. "Did the doctor say anything to you? Like, how to take care of the stitches or anything?" Pete asked, eyes still focused on the movie.

"Not really. They took the stitches out today. He just told me something he forgot to tell me yesterday." I said, shrugging.

"What'd he say?"

"No sexual contact of any sort for a while..."

He groaned. "How long is a while?"

"At least a couple months." I said.

"Baaaabbbbeeee!" He whined.

"What? Don't tell me you can't do this..." I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

"I can't... You're just so irresistible." He mumbled, turning and burying his face in my neck.

"You can too!" I said, laughing and pushing him back. "You just gotta be a teacher and a normal boyfriend for a couple months." I shrugged.