Ch. 16

"Pete?" I called walking through the apartment door.

I heard something fall and hit the bathroom tile. "Shit!" I heard Pete mumble.

"Pete? Are you okay?"

"Yes! Just... going to the bathroom..."

"Really?" I walked to the bathroom door where I heard the drawer open and close. "Pete, I know what you're doing... please open..."

"W-what?" He stuttered.

"I know you self harm. I saw the blade. You do a really shitty job trying to cover it." I said.

"I'm sorry..." He whispered, opening the door.

On his wrists were five new cuts.

I took a deep breath as I looked at them. "Why?" I asked.

"People do crazy things for love." He chuckled sadly.

"Where are your anti-depressants?"

"Flushed them... I was scared of myself." He looked down.

"Why?"

"I thought you had left me for good. I love you, Trick. I've never felt this way about anyone."

"I could never leave you. I talked to my mom and she said We can be together as long as we're careful..."

He walked over to me and sunk into my arms, crying.

I held him close and kissed his head. "C'mon... let's get you to bed..."

He nodded and we walked into his room.

I sat against the headboard of his bed, and he laid down, head on my lap, arms pulled tightly under the blanket.

I stroked his hair, running my finger gently down the back of his neck to his back.

"You promise you won't leave me again?" He asked.

"I swear." I kissed my fingers and pressed them to his temple. "Promise me you'll stop hurting yourself."

"I promise." He said.

"Because if you continue, I won't give up on you. And I will find a way to make you stop."

He nuzzled into my lap, hiding his face in the blankets and my leg.

I smiled.

"You should sing to me." He said.

"You want me to?"

"Mmm... please."

"Okay..." I started singing November Rain by Guns N Roses.

He smiled.

I moved so I was laying next to him. I continued to sing as I ran my fingers through his hair. I smiled and stared into his eyes.

He leaned his forehead on mine.

When I finished singing, He leaned in and pressed his lips to mine.

I kissed him back.

His hands gripped my hips, pulling me closer.

My hands gripped the back of his neck.

He pressed our chests together and broke our kiss to press his lips sloppily to the corner of my mouth and then to my chin.

"Pete..." I mumbled.

He jumped up and crawled on top of me, straddling me to the bed. He kissed me roughly.

I grasped his hips and turned my head to the side. That's when I caught sight of his wrists.

"Pete... you're bleeding..." I said.

"It'll dry eventually."

"They're deep." I said. "What if they don't?"

"They will..." he reassured and pecked my lips.

We sat up. He sat back on his legs, knees on either side of me.

"I love you so much..." he mumbled, stroking my cheek.

I pecked his lips. "I love you to..."