Chapter 33: Fashioning Fear Itself

---

"War is not heroic. War is not exhilarating. War is full of despair. It's dark. It's dreadful. It's a thing of sorrow and gloom."

– Izuru Kira, (Bleach)

---

<(Atem POV)>

'Anyway, speaking of suiting up, didn't I receive that cape as a reward from that Dr. Doom quest I completed some time ago? I kind of forgot about that after the reward got deposited in my inventory while I was busy beating him up.' I thought to myself after the others dispersed to prepare for the mission. So, I quickly opened my system menu and checked the notifications, hoping to find the cape among my inventory items.

[Quest completed successfully!]

[Rewards are being distributed]

['Spawn's Mystical Cape' Item card has been deposited in the inventory]

[Displaying information about selected card]

[Spawn's Mystical Cape: Congratulations! You have just unlocked the Spawn's Massive flowing Cape which is not only an awesome and stylish piece of clothing but also a partially-living symbiote that will make you look like a badass hellspawn. This cape is not just for show, however, as it has a mind of its own... sort of and a set of impressive powers that will make your enemies cower in fear. Here are some of the amazing features of this item:

The cape is made of necroplasm, the same stuff that powers Spawn himself, and it feeds on your life force and divine energy. Don't worry, it's totally worth it for the telepathic link and the soul connection that you get with your new best friend.

The cape can shapeshift, which means you can change its appearance at will, blend in with your surroundings, or manifest spikes, chains, and other medieval weapons to impale your foes. You can also use the cape to glide and fly, because who doesn't want to soar through the air like a handsome dark angel?

The cape has incredible physical strength, which adds to your own superhuman abilities. You can use the cape to lift heavy objects, smash through walls, or wrap around your enemies and squeeze them to death. The cape also enhances your durability and dexterity, making you more resistant to damage and more agile in combat.

It can also conduct necro-plasmic energy through itself or unleash necro-plasmic energy blasts on its own, which are powerful enough to even level entire buildings besides snuffing lives out like a flame. Oh, and it can also stretch a lot.]

]