Chapter 27: Screams of the Hand Before Doom

---

"Learn to treasure your life because unfortunately, it can be taken away from you anytime."

- L Lawliet, (Death Note)

---

<(Omniscient POV)>

'Interesting, so the supposed 'god' has noticed me. I guess I underestimated him too much. But that ultimately doesn't matter. Nobody can stand against Doom, not even the GODS.' Victor Von Doom thought as he stood on top of a skyscraper far away from the to-be battleground in his full classic armor and watched the battle that was going to begin soon.

He knew that the possibility of the meta-god Atem actually losing to the ordinary human Hand ninjas was almost next to nil but this little farce of a battle would allow him to get a good understanding of the god's powers and fighting style as well as his personality which would enable him to recognize his strengths and weaknesses as well as prepare better for next time.

Of course, the fact that he received quite a heavy reward from Hand in return for the current location of the New god also played an important role in why he even bothered to collaborate with the insignificant weaklings. After all, the extremely rare dragon bone dust he received from them would be quite useful in his mystical rituals.

'I only wanted the hyperdrive designs from Reed for my Latveria's new Mutual Destruction Doomsday plan where I intended to use it in my satellite system in a bid to destroy the entire world if any country ever dared to attack Latveria but it seems I found something much more interesting there. I wonder if he can be useful for my plans to one day free my mother's soul from 'his' clutches.' He pondered deeply.

"Ah, seems it's starting." He muttered in a deep mechanical voice as he watched the dozens of ninjas finally decide to take action against the seemingly bored god who didn't bother to hide anything or even make the first move to end it quickly since the area they were currently in was at a desolate part of the city with no soul around them.

At that moment about twenty of them took out spiky golden metal chains and used them to instantly bind and shackle him which he didn't resist at all for some reason and just stood there with an impassive face and a score of golden chains wrapped around his body.

"Those chains,... are those... adamantite? Where did they even get it? I thought the Greeks no longer traded those with anyone anymore. Even those runes ingrained in them seem to be of a magical nature, aimed to drain life force and all sorts of mystical energies from the target." Doom couldn't help but speak out as he was quite impressed with the resources the Hand was ready to splurge to take their vengeance.

It seemed that even though they were stupid enough to take on a potentially country-level being using just their brainwashed ordinary human ninjas, they still in no way were unprepared. Doom realized that those chains alone must have cost a fortune and by the look of things as well as the expression in the false god's eyes, it seemed that they were working quite well too.

'They seemed to be able to rapidly drain his energy and disperse it to the surroundings, making him weaker by the second. Maybe, I underestimated the Hand, they seem to be quite capable even though they are nothing more than just a bunch of cultists and blind brainwashed followers of a demon god, I guess then, I wouldn't need to take action against him myself after all.' He concluded.

"The chains, where did you get them? They are quite... amazing. They are not vibranium or adamantium or even Uru, yet they are as good as any of them. They would be quite useful for research purposes. However, I wonder what is the limit of divine energy they can safely absorb and disperse without breaking apart... Should we find out?" Atem finally spoke, breaking his silence, an amused and curious expression on his face.