Chapter 19: The Perfect Face-Slapping Moment

---

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

- Kino, (Kino's Journey)

---

<(Atem POV)>

"You really want to do this here? I mean when you said you wanted to go on a date, I thought that we were going to go to some fancy restaurant or something like most normal billionaires. Why choose a nightclub, may I ask? Is this supposed to be common among the rich?" Susan asked curiously as she began to look around in wonder while stepping down from the sports car I brought her to the nightclub in.

She looked ravishing tonight as she was dressed in a silver-striped gold Versace dress while I myself was dressed in a white bond tux.

However on second thought, maybe I should have worn a violet tuxedo instead. I always wanted to try wearing something bold like that. If I could pull that off even half, as well as the Joker, could in the multiverse next door, that would still be a huge achievement for me.

"What can I say? I am a pretty unique billionaire. But truthfully, I have to admit this is probably the most stress-free I have ever been while going on a date with someone since I don't have to constantly stress out about impressing you, Susan. Impressed or not, you will still have to come back on dates with me again and again for the next six months." I said with a teasing smile.

"Thanks but for some reason, I feel insulted by that. I would have preferred it if you were a little stressed about impressing me, would have been soothing for my womanly ego." Susan joked back, not at all making this date awkward by trying to remind me that I had literally blackmailed her to come to this date with me.

"Well, since you prefer me impressing you, then I guess I have to put on my best game. You first madmoiselle." I said with a small bow as I directed her to the gate of the establishment.

"That's a big building for just a nightclub. Hellfire club? Wait, isn't that the famous chain of premium nightclubs, casinos, restaurants, and hotels all in one? But, aren't they a members-only club catering to only the top 1 percent? I thought that only rich businessmen, politicians, artists, and Hollywood celebrities were allowed in these clubs." Susan said surprised as she walked onto the red carpet going into the entrance of the club.

"Yeah, I am a member... sort of... I think. Anyway, I heard that the club today is supposed to hold some sort of gala for its more premium members. So I thought that this could be a memorable experience for a first date. May I?" I asked as I offered to hold her arm-in-arm at which she nodded after some slight hesitation.

'I hope they still have my name in their system, otherwise, this is gonna be really insulting for me. I would have to call Zoya or Emma and tell them to register my name which would ruin the date.

"Membership pass or invitation?" One of the two bulky guards guarding the entrance asked with a respectful voice after seeing us approach.

"Well, I kind of forgot the invitation and the physical membership card at home. You have a list of members in that tab of yours, right? Check if you have Atem in there. My picture should also be in it." I said hoping I was right and they hadn't removed that feature from the system.

I normally never entered any of the club buildings through the main entrance, so I wasn't sure that I was in their system as a member. I just hope Emma, Selene, or Zoya remembered to include me as an official member or this was going to be really shameful for me.

"Okay, let me check, sir... umm, there it is... a founding black card member?" The person checking the list almost became as pale as a statue as his arms holding the tab shook like he was suffering a stroke.