Chapter 3: The Final Quest at the Very Start

---

"Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!"

~ Don Quixote Doflamingo, (One Piece)

---

As many intelligent people have said before, nothing in this world is for free and if it is then it's not free, It's a trade-off.

And what does the system take from me in exchange for the power it 'gives' me you ask? The answer is my freedom, my choice to be whatever I want to be, to truly do whatever I want with my life. It didn't make me its slave or something. No, instead it is trying to shape me into what it wants me to be.

The system is preparing me to play some certain role in the future, in the plans of whoever made it. It wants me to get strong and experienced enough to be able to do something for it, a single task that I need to complete in order to 'pay' the entity behind it back.

[Primary System Quest: 'Struggle for Life

Quest Description: 'They' are coming. Prepare for the FINAL WAR and win. (More information locked for now)

Quest Reward: Survival of the Host.

Quest Failure: Complete destruction of Host.]

It was this mission with a minimum and unclear description appearing in my quest tab a couple of months ago that had been driving me crazy, especially because of its penalty.

In fact, the whole mission was ominous like it was some end-of-the-world finale thing that I would have to face one day even though I didn't even know who I would have to fight or what type of war this was supposed to be.

But it was also thanks to it, that my desire to grow stronger and survive has only gotten more powerful, to the point that I had even accepted a surprise mission from the system to occupy Nornheim even though I wanted to enjoy a couple more years of the slow life I had begun to enjoy recently.

I mean although I had a system, I still wasn't the strongest in the world even though I had been here for the last decade. Why? Simple. Because my system didn't make me infinitely level up by giving me exp points. No, it only gave me choice-based or quest-based rewards through which I could get stronger but they were rare. For the last decade, I had barely gotten one mission a year on average. However, I have a feeling that's going to change soon, especially since it just got a new UI makeover which was possibly an upgrade after it assigned me the primary quest a few months ago.

Also, I had tried to use stuff like serums and other artificial enhancers to increase my power but sadly my body which was stated to be a New God's didn't exactly behave like that of a human. No, it was vastly different, and rejected most of the things that I tried on myself. Hell, it even rejected vampirism, lycanthropy, and even some of the magical rituals I had tried to strengthen myself artificially. Of course, it was a good sign in a way since it meant I was immune to a lot of supernatural and scientific stuff that could mess with me but it also meant the only way I could get strong was through hard work and determination... if we didn't count the OP rewards I got every now and then after I complete quests that is.

However, I should still try to figure out what this system really is. I don't want it to screw me at the last possible second in case it isn't exactly the friendly gift from a bored ROB that I hope it is.

"I am done with my interrogations Atem. You can 'negotiate' with Karnilla now. I am sure she would be much more agreeing with your offer than before." Morgana informed after seemingly appearing in front of me out of nowhere.