Chapter 6: A Divine grade Sugar baby

{A big shout-out to my new pátron 'Sebastian Vasquez' for joining the Divine Eminence tier on my Pátreon. Thanks for the support. ≧◠ᴥ◠≦✊}

---

"People tell us who they are...but we ignore them because we want them to be who we want them to be."

- Don Draper, (Mad Men)

---

<(Atem POV)>

"I am Adam Giotem, Selene is my sugar mommy. A pleasure to meet you." I answered with the most serious face I could muster.

"Wait, you are a sugarbaby... ah, I mean nice to meet you." Pepper corrected herself before saying anything insulting to me and tried to keep a neutral and inexpressive face.

"A sugar mommy huh? Talk of the best type of sugar." Tony could not help but make a quip with a snarky smile on his face, looking quite proud of himself.

"TONY!" Pepper lightly hit the billionaire on the side of his ribcage with her elbow to shut him up.

"What? He said it first." He complained like a kid.

"No, it's alright Miss Potts. I actually agree with him, it is the best type of sugar. Maybe you should try it out one day too by taking up a sugar baby of your own. I am pretty sure Tony wouldn't mind. After all, he had quite a number of those in the past." I teased the pair. Pepper looked a little flustered at this as she awkwardly chuckled while Tony just looked annoyed at my suggestion as he looked at Pepper to try to determine if she was seriously considering it.

"If you do decide to take one up Pepper, don't forget to ring me up for the position. I think I can be a good enough sugar daddy or a sugar baby even at this age depending on which you prefer. I mean the events that happened with me last month did take a couple of years of my life." Tony joked, acting like what happened to him was not at all a traumatic experience.

It seems that he loves putting up a strong act with a 'don't care' attitude in front of people. I would have liked to know more about his thoughts and stuff and maybe even copy all the knowledge currently in his brain but it's beneath my flimsy set of moral rules and more importantly, because something is actively blocking me from accessing his and Pepper's mind, probably some device of his that he made for himself and shared with Pepper to not get mind raped by random telepaths.

Well, he is a genius billionaire in charge of the biggest defense company in the world, so it's a fact that he would at least have some basic defense against mind-controlling mutants, especially in this universe where the existence of 'metahumans' was public knowledge and there even has been a lot of 'wars' between metahuman factions already as well as countless metahuman protests for equal rights.

"Jokes aside Miss Selene, you normally don't attend parties. You didn't even come to my 25th bikini-themed birthday party I invited you to. I thought you were always working because you are more or less the authority of the Genosha council, so may I ask how I had such an honor of having you as my guest today." Tony even though tried his best to keep a straight face, his words still came out more as a joke instead of a genuine question.

"You overestimate me too much Mr. Stark. I do my part of the work but it doesn't mean I work all the time. Also, I am not the head of the council. Nobody is the head of the council, that is why it's called a council. As for the true head of our... race and land, it's our messiah, the..."

"I know I know. The god of metahumans and the patron god of Genosha, Atem. Quite a good marketing gimmick actually. Ruling an entire country by using the name of a god whom no nonpowered human had ever seen or whose photo had never been captured by any device. Now, how can anyone doubt that?" Tony interrupted with a shrug.